Friday, March 15, 2013

Ethan's New Job

Oh my goodness!  So much has happened in such little time!  I can't even begin to express how blessed we are by God and how great and awesome He is to us.  I have so much to be thankful for and watch in amazement and awe as more blessings from God unfold around me, my family, my church, etc. everyday!

After many months of waiting, Ethan finally has a job!  He finally received a call on Monday from the company saying he got the job and the official offer would be sent on Wednesday!  This has been such a long time coming.  Ethan applied for this job back in early December '12, heard back from them that they were interested about late January '13, had a couple phone interviews in February '13, and finally March 14, 2013, had his first day of work at his brand-new, full-time, grown-up job!  There's been so many ups and downs with this process though!  It was stressful because there was so much paperwork and background checks and just uncertainty.  BUT.. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28"  Best part of it is that it's actually about $2.50 more an hour than we were originally expecting!  Such such such a God-send!  For those wondering, Ethan is now a Chiropractic Assistant on the Navy Base!  He's in charge of patient scheduling, check-ins, and I'm pretty sure will eventually be assisting with actual patient care.  He's got a great schedule, gets a lunch break, and even gets to have a half day every Friday.  Sometimes I swear he is just so stinking lucky! ;) The people seem nice and are way excited for him to start!  I'm so excited for him and can't wait to see how God will use him in this new position.

And yes, we have decided how to spend his first paycheck about 1,000 times over!  When you live on just one paycheck for so long, it's a very exciting thing to think about!  First on the list is paint and bedroom furniture for our guest room!  It's almost summer time and I know we're going to have company this year!  Next on the list is paying things off!  I want to be 100% debt free!  When this happens, we are probably going to buy me a new car since mine is getting up there on mileage.  I love my girl and she's been faithful for 8 years.  Tear will be shed the day I actually have to give her up!  But, hopefully we can get a good deal when it comes "End-of-Year" sales times!  Right now I've got my eye on a Mazda CX 7, Volkswagon Tiguan, and a Toyota Rav4... Decisions decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment