Monday, March 11, 2013

Weddings and Workouts

Weekends seem to go by soo fast these days!  Since February 9th, I've had a bridal shower every Saturday to attend for Alexis.  This past weekend was one that Aunt Terri threw for her at the Yacht Club.  It was beautiful and the food was so yummy! 

Family Pic - (back row L to R) Aunt Doris, Aunt Terri, Grandma Ward, Kelley, Mom, Jen, Chris
(front row L to R) Hannah, Alexis, Me

We had a chicken salad with walnuts, some sort of spring salad with lemon dressing, an assorted fruit salad, and some sort of banana bread.  Absolutely yummy brunch!  And for dessert, Kate of Kate's.Cakes made her fabulous champagne cupcakes!  Seriously, how cute is this cake?!  So delicious and so worth the 20-minute sprint intervals I did Saturday morning on my off-day so I could enjoy one (or two)!



This was the last of the bridal showers and now the fun starts for the last two weeks of hectic-ness before the wedding on the 23rd!  I can't believe it's almost here! Eek!

Me, Mom, and Hannah

This week we have the Luke Bryan concert on Thursday, a girl's craft night on Friday to finish making the wedding programs, and then the Bridesmaid Luncheon on Saturday at Shark Fin!  Top that off with a super busy week at work and it should be the weekend before I know it!

Now on to some diet-related stuff:  Ethan has found a super yummy, super healthy smoothie that makes an excellent post-workout meal.  It literally has over 45 grams of protein!  I personally think it's a bit high on the calories/carb side, but post-workout it's good to replenish and as long as I'm using it as a meal replacement, I don't feel so bad about drinking 450-ish calories.

Behold - The Green Monster


Recipe for The Green Monster

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 C. almond milk or skim milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
  • 2 T. reduced fat peanut butter
  • large handful fresh spinach
  • 2 handfuls ice
Combine all ingredients in a blender, mix well, and enjoy!

Honestly, the color kinda freaked me out the first time I drank it, but once you get past that it's wonderful!  I use unsweetened almond milk in mine, while Ethan uses skim milk.  Almond milk has fewer calories (30 vs. 86), carbs (<1 g. vs. 12 g.), and sugar (0 g. vs. 12 g.) per serving than milk does.  Skim milk, on the other hand, has less fat (0 g. vs. 2.5 g.) and more protein (1 vs. 8), so really use what works for you.  I've adopted a low-carb, low-calorie diet for myself, so the almond milk is for me!

Last Friday I finally hit a BIG goal of mine in my weight loss journey.. FINALLY back in the 140s! Granted it was 149.6, but I'll take it!  I want to be 145.0 by the wedding.  That's two weeks and about 5 lbs.  I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment