Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rethinking My Workouts/Starting P90X.. Again!

So I know I said last week that I'd be starting a "Progress Check" every Friday, well that's not going to work for me for a couple reasons being.. I told Ethan last night that I wanted us to start P90X again, but for real this time.  We just finished 90 days that we started December 30, 2012, and I'd say we gave it about 80%.  We both lost over 15 lbs and I'm sure we both lost inches, but the problem was that we didn't take the monthly pictures and measurements.  Sure we did it for Day 30, but after that I'm not sure what happened?  We've completed P90X before last year and taking the pictures and measurements was kind of a highlight of the month!  Being able to see that "Oh, I've lost 1.5 inches on my waist, and 5.8 lbs this month!!" was really motivating.  Like I said, we both lost over 15 lbs this past 90 days, but I want us to do it 110% this time.  That means no skipping workouts, no substituting workouts, no cheat meals (with the exception of my birthday in May and our anniversary in June), and no giving up!

I think I'll still do a weekly check-in which will probably be on Sunday now that that's our "Day 1" and I'll definitely do big posts about Day 30, 60, and 90!  Here's the chart/questionnaire I'm going to use for each weekly check-in.
  • starting weight:
  • lbs shed this week:
  • lbs shed in total:
  • lbs still need to shed:
  • first goal: 139.8 (roughly 10 lbs)
  •     reward: 
  • second goal: 135.0
  •     reward:
  • final goal:  125.0 (roughly 25 lbs from start, and ultimately almost 40 lbs from my heaviest!)
  •     reward:
  • success:
  • set-backs:
  • exercise:
So I guess we'll be seeing my "Day 1" post on Sunday!  I'm going to enjoy my weekend and I'll be in full-force workout mode come Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment