Sunday, June 9, 2013

Disney Trip 2013

Well here it is Sunday night after a wonderful trip to Disney.. I'm so sad to say goodbye to such a great little trip, but very excited to start hardcore dieting/exercising again tomorrow. (Yea, I know, if you had a dollar for every time I said I was going to get in shape again.. ha!) But for real, this time me and E are in this together so teamwork is definitely the way to go!  But now on to our Disney trip!!

Went to work at 6:45 a.m. on Wednesday so I could flex the time and only use a couple hours of leave on Wednesday.  We hit the road around 11:30 and got in around 8:30, that's pretty long for us, but we had Tropical Storm Andrea weather to drive with.  It would happen that we have the 1st Tropical Storm of the season when we have a trip planned!  Oh well, we watched the path of the storm and decided that no matter what as long as Disney was open, we would go! We stayed at Mystic Dunes (same place we stayed on our honeymoon.. awe!) and it was great!  A 1-bedroom villa was only $55/night! Hello, bargain hunting! AND it had a hot tub IN our room!! ;) We hit up Red Lobster for dinner, watched the last quarter of the Heat v. Spurs in Game 1, and called it a night!

{Our Gorgeous Weather - Day 1}
 
{Selfie in front of the Castle}
 
{Take 2 in front of the Castle, thanks to a stranger! Also, they say the camera adds 10 lbs., a poncho adds 10 more..}

Thursday morning we woke up to rain.. Boo!  It basically rained all day, but cleared up just in time for us to enjoy the Electrical Parade and fireworks at night!  We went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot that day.  We met up with Bro. Don, Ms. Tina, Sarah, Mandy, Jason, Felicity, and Cole.  It was so much fun being about to be with all of them!  I hated that my parents and sister had to miss out!  We'll have to definitely plan another trip for next summer.  Anywho, we split from the Neese clan around lunchtime to head over to Epcot for some pizza in Italy.  I had been told by my boss that it's seriously the best pizza you'll ever have.. she was definitely on to something!

{We destroyed that pizza!  Super delish!!}
 
{Riding Aladdin with Sarah-Boo}
 
{Go-karts with my Love}
 
We headed back to the Magic Kingdom after walking around Epcot some and riding some of the rides.  We need to go back to have the nachos in Mexico (also recommended by my boss).  The new lightshow on the Castle is really cool!  They play all different types of Disney movies ON the Castle, like it was a huge castle-shaped projector!
 
{Cheshire Cat}
 
{Cinderella's Castle}
 
We definitely got our money's worth on Thursday.  We got there about 10 a.m. and stayed till 11 p.m.!!  I told E I can't wait to have kids and bring them back because he doesn't want to do any of the "little kid" rides like Dumbo or the Tea Cups!!  I mean what better excuse to meet the all the Disney Princesses than to "take my daughter.." Ha!
 
Friday's weather was not rainy, but it was HOT!  Mandy said Thursday felt like a nice February day, and Friday felt like July.  She couldn't have been more right!  We started our day at Animal Kingdom, which happens to be my favorite park! As soon as we got there, we ran over to Mt. Everest to ride.  Ended up riding as single riders because that wait time was only 15 minutes compared to 60 to ride together!  After that we met up with the Neese Clan and hung out with them basically all day till 5!  We went on the Safari Ride and had lunch at Rainforest CafĂ©.  I got a super yummy chicken lasagna and E got Mojo ribs.
 
 
 
After saying our good-byes around 5, me and E headed over to Hollywood Studios, which was basically a waste because E was so tired by then and he did not want to be there.  He's not one to stand in line for a long time, he'd rather just not ride it!  I'm sooo the opposite, we paid money to be there, we WILL be there from sun-up to sun-down!  Anyways, we lucked out walking to Rockin' Rollercoaster, some lady and her daughter gave us 2 fast passes to ride!  Which was awesome because the wait was over an hour!  Thanks random strangers!! Since forever I've wanted to get a caricature done, so me and E headed over to find the guy doing them in Hollywood Studios.. only problem is that he only did side-profile looks! Which was NOT what I wanted.. soooo we headed back to Animal Kingdom. E was not happy with me.. :( Sorry!  I wasn't about to pay $50 for something I didn't want!  Once we got back to the park and found the guy that did caricatures it was better.  The guy was super funny and it was kind of relaxing sitting there while he drew us!  I don't think the caricature of me is very accurate.. maybe it's the nose or something, but I'm not sold that "she" looks like me.  I think Ethan's looks decent.  The guy definitely nailed his sleepy eyes!
 
{Our caricature!}
 
Saturday was a bummy day and we slept in till almost noon!  Got ready and headed over to the Mall at Millennia!  We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory for the 1st time and it was super yummy!  The cool thing was that we were too full to get dessert and I mean you CAN'T got to Cheesecake Factory and NOT get cheesecake, so I asked our server if it was possible to come back later and get one to go and he said yes and that our ticket had a code for $10 off your next visit, so we got a slice of Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Lemoncello for $6!  I love a good deal! I spent a good bit of time walking off my lunch in their huge Forever 21! Man I wish we had one of those in P'cola!  We also visited Dick's Sporting Goods and Ikea! (Also really wish we had an Ikea close to us!) Me and E decided when we build a home, we're going to have Ikea do the kitchen and living room! 
 
Sunday was, of course, a sad day because we had to travel home.  We did pretty good timing considering it rained the last 2 hours of the drive home.  We got home around 2 and E took a nice nap while I chilled in the chair.  He woke up hungry around 5, we went healthy-food grocery shopping, and got Papa's pizza and brownies to go! (Hey, we have 1 more day of eating crappy and then it's go time!)  Right now we're watching Game 2 of Heat v. Spurs. (GO Heat!!) Tomorrow is work AND it's a Board meeting day, so I'll be there pretty late.  Welcome back to work for me! Ha!  We had a ton of fun, but I'm definitely glad to be home! (I missed my boys wayyyy to much! Crazy cat lady much?!)  Tomorrow I'll post Day 1 pics of me and set some goals, but as for now.. there's some fudgey chocolate peanut butter brownies calling my name! ;)
 



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment