Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Fun

So I didn't take any pictures this weekend, but that shouldn't stop me from remembering my awesomely fun weekend right?!

It was the longest short week at work.. We had Memorial Day off and then I also took that Tuesday off so there's not quite anything like coming back to work after an amazing 4 days off in the sun.  Not to mention it was a proofing week.  Nice, short, and hectic.. please add sarcasm when read. Ha!  Anyways, I survived and Friday night came just as expected!

Friday night me and E headed over to the mall.  Looked around, didn't buy anything, and had dinner at Panera Bread.  My absolute favorite salad is back for the summer so naturally that's what I had!  Hello Summer Salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, blueberries, and pineapple! And hello 350 calories for the entire gigantic thing!  After the mall and dinner we headed back home and watched the last three episodes of Dexter - Season 7!  Ahhhhh!! Can't wait for Season 8 to start!!

Saturday morning we woke up around 10:30 to nasty clouds.. Boo! No fun when you live at the beach!  We decided to catch brunch and a matinee.  (Of course by the time we were ready to leave the clouds had left and it was a perfectly sunny little day.. oh well!)  We had breakfast at Denny's and saw the new Star Trek: Into the Darkness. It was good, but I'm just not a movie-goer.  I'd rather watch a movie in the comfort of my own home.  After that we headed over to Taylor and Colin's for Game 6 of the Heat v. Pacers.  Wouldn't ya know that the Heat lost and now there's got to be a Game 7... which is tonight, so I know what me and E will be doing! All the couples brought stuff for a taco bar which was really fun and yummy!

Sunday was church and then we came home to hang out with the Howells and the Cunninghams.  It was a perfect beach day!  No clouds, light medium breeze, and lots of tanning oil!  The boys took the wave runner to the sandbar and played ultimate frisbee and later volleyball.  After the boys were done being active, we had dinner at Peg Leg Pete's.  We came up with a great idea to start a restaurant called Stick Leg Stan's and charge $1 less than Peg Leg Pete's.  Same menu, same atmosphere, just $1 cheaper.. we think this idea could really take off!  Haha! 

But now, today is Monday, BUT me and E are leaving for Disneyworld on Wednesday so YAY for ANOTHER short, awesome week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment