Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Fun

Nothing like a wreck on the bridge at 8 in the morning to get your Monday going!

This weekend was fun.  Nothing out of the ordinary really.  Friday night we went to Bro. Don & Mrs. Tina's house for the Sunday School cookout.  Or SS cookout if you want to be a hip texter like Bro. Don! We had burgers and sausage with chips, baked beans, and squash casserole!  It was a "bring drinks or dessert" kind of thing and apparently a lot of people (like myself) thought drinks were easier!  Dessert consisted of diet brownies made with applesauce and a bunch of fruit.  Hey, at least it was easy to stick (kinda) to my diet!  Me and Ethan were the last to leave and I think that was around midnight!  I love the fact that we can enjoy normal conversation with my pastor and his wife.

Saturday morning we slept in and headed to the pool.  Taylor came over for a couple hours as we basked in the beautiful Florida sunshine! :) Charlotte Russe was doing a special "Happy Hour" sale from 2-5 on all tops and since there were a couple of tops I've been wanting I convinced Ethan we needed to go shopping!  I got three tops and saved $23.97! Woot woot, go me!  After walking around the mall for awhile, we got dinner over at Fresh Market and headed home.  We ate our takeout dinners on the balcony as the sun set.  It was pretty nice!  Fresh Market sushi is decently good, but their sandwiches are awesome!  Next time we do Fresh Market dinner, I'm getting one like Ethan!  We watched the movie Argo which was a GREAT movie (minus the F-bombs that were dropped quite frequently..).  I can't believe it's actually based on a true story.  I'd like to know what parts are "based" and what are really real.. But all in all a very good movie/story.

Sunday morning was church.  The message was sooo for me!  Bro. Don preached from Matthew 6: 25-34.
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
I've been stressing lately about money and paying things off, but RIGHT THERE God tells us to not worry about tomorrow.  I feel like all I do is worry, worry, worry... Now, I know He isn't saying to live life carelessly and foolishly (YOLO..lol) but He is telling us that He will provide and take care of us.  I don't need to sweat the small stuff.  I'm definitely going to be chewing this verse (especially verse 34) over for a while.

Sunday afternoon was quiet for me.  Mom and Dad took Hannah to camp, Dakota was working, Alexis went to a friend's house, and Ethan was golfing with Colin.  So what did I do with an afternoon and house all to myself?!  Watched Toddlers & Tiaras and ate ice cream.  Yup, pretty awesome afternoon if you ask me.  When Ethan was done golfing we headed over to Taylor and Colin's house to watch a movie.  Scratch that.. Ethan and Colin watched a movie and me and Taylor talked in the kitchen the whole time!

Overall, great weekend.  Nothing really crazy exciting, but definitely a good time! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment