Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy 20th Birthday, Dakota!

This Monday is unlike other Mondays!  Yes, I'm bummed the weekend is over, BUT some exciting news I've been waiting, oh.. say 9 months for has finally happened!! Princess Kate is in labor!!  I've literally been on the edge of my seat all July waiting for this day!  (Yes, I realize I'm overly stupidly excited about a baby that has nothing to do with me..)  Anyways, this news makes my Monday 110% better! :)

So now a little recap..

Friday night after a long boring day at work, we headed over to Mom's house for a cookout to celebrate Dakota's 20th birthday! I can't believe my baby brother is 20!  Mom's excited for the moment she has no teenagers!  But after Dakota's birthday next year, I think our ages are actually kind of neat.  I'll be 25, Dakota 21, and Hannah 13.  All kind of  "milestone" ages!


Saturday was another rainy day in Pensacola (huge shocker).  Me and Ethan stayed indoors, cleaning the house and watching a couple episodes of Game of Thrones.  Saturday night we went to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa at Iveys.  Such a yummy little restaurant in Fairhope, AL.  I had the fried eggplant medallions with shrimp and crab meat.  After dinner we headed back to their house and watched Fracture.

Sunday morning was church.  It was a good message about "the writing on the wall" and the four times God's finger actually wrote something.  We had lunch and spent the afternoon with Taylor and Colin.  Me and Taylor went antiquing (yea, that's a word) and did a crazy workout - the Four workout on the rowing machine (4 min. on, 4 min break, 4 min. on, 3 min. break, 4 min. on, 2 min. break, 4 min. on, 1 min. break, 4 min. on).  It's killer and then top it off we did some sort of timed push ups, sit ups, and squats routine.  I was dead by the time we were done!  Taylor's heart rate monitor says she burned about 330 calories so I'm thinking I burned around 400 since I'm bigger than her.  Today I'm definitely feeling my workout!

Oh, and a little baby update to get it going..

Marissa & Lewis - GIRL
Kendra & Ed - GIRL
Ashley & Cameron - Find out today!
Mary Ann & Ej - Find out Wednesday!
Princess Kate and William - IN LABOR!!

Like I've said before, I'm surrounded by babies! ;)

I've got a busy busy week this week, but that's cool with me because it means it will just fly by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment