Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Friday Friday!!

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I really feel like I blink these days and we're already back to the weekend!  I was warned of this when I started my new job.  Since my weeks are now dictated by deadlines and board meetings, the days really do fly by!



Here's my High 5 for Friday this week:

1. Monday I hosted our Ladies' Bible Study.  I used my crockpot for one of my first times to make pulled pork.  All day I was worried my house was going to burn down or that I didn't actually turn the crockpot on so I'd have a lump of raw meat when I got home.  Long story short - my house smelled amazing when I got home and I had a perfectly cooked pork butt! :) The study this week was on "Loving Your Children."  Since none of us really have kids yet, we kind of discussed dreams/goals/examples of what we see in other mothers.  Next week is "Purity" and I'm really looking forward to that!

2. I was a complete bum this week.  Mainly because I didn't feel that great, but it was nice to not have to be somewhere every night of the week.  I even skipped Wednesday night church, which is very unlike me.

3. With all my extra evening freetime, me and Ethan finished Season 2 of Game of Thrones.  I feel bad for Ethan.  He hates sitting at home doing nothing and that's all I've wanted to do the past three days.  Because of this, I texted him this morning and basically was like you're taking me out tonight, so plan something! Haha!

4. We made homemade pizza for dinner Thursday night.  So good!  And my savings at Publix were even better!  Pizza dough was buy 1, get 1 free.  Ragu alfredo sauce was buy 1, get 1 free, plus I had a $.40 off 2 electronic coupon, and a $1 off 2 manufacturer's coupon. {Making my 2 cans of Ragu, $.75 a piece!!}  Cheese and dessert were even on sale!  Basically I got out of there spending $11, and saving $10! Woohoo! Obviously I already had chicken at home and sun dried tomatoes, but honestly we could make another one tonight and not spend a dime!  Go me for being frugal!

5. Today is pay day!  I don't know why, but I love being able to log on to all my accounts and pay my bills.  I'm pretty sure that makes me a weirdo, but maybe I'm just thankful I have a job and I'm able to pay my bills on time!  God has blessed me so much!  Also, I'm pumped that it's August!  Not necessarily because summer is almost over {sob.. tear.. wahhh} but we get payed 3 times this month and we're going to pay off 2 of our debts and put a big chunk on another! Yay!!! :))))

Last little side note - Dr. Bradley told me yesterday that the Ward family does not make ugly children.  I have to remember to tell Mom that one! ;)  She'll get a kick out of it!

All right, I'm looking forward to the weekend and I hope/pray/wish that it's sunny!! Please be sunny! I NEED a tan!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment