Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lately We've Been Feeling Crafty

I'm not really a "crafty" person.  I used to enjoy scrapbooking, but now that everything is digital it's been a looong time since I've scraped.  I do enjoy pinning things on Pinterest, but do I actually every do the DIY thing? No, not really.. BUT lately me and E are actually getting things done!  Here's a taste of what we've been up to! :)

 First stop is my "Gallery Wall."  I picked up most of these frames from Hobby Lobby this past week while they were having a 50% off sale!  The framed initials in the top left corner are actually from our wedding!  So happy that I'm actually able to incorporate some wedding decor!  I plan on hanging all these down our obnoxiously long hallway.  I figure if we're going to be staying in the condo for a few more years, then I'd better start decorating it the way I want to!  The empty frame that Jinxy Cat is sitting in will have some string strung through it and I'll use clothespins to clip the pictures to the string.  I want to paint the giant "M" and the clothespins the same blue as the picture on the left.  I love how all of the frames coordinate with each other and was worried when I first wanted to do this that I'd have a hard time finding frames that went well with each other.

Next we have some patio furniture that Ethan's working on now!  This past Saturday he made one of the chairs, but he still needs to sand and stain it.  Ethan said I'm in charge of making the cushions.  Hopefully I can find pillows shaped like they have in the picture and then pick out a fabric I like to recover them.  Not sure if Ethan will be making the coffee table also?


Speaking of coffee tables, this little beauty will be in the works soon!  We just rearranged the living room and our end tables don't really work well with the layout anymore, so I suggested to E that he build me this crate table and make a matching end table.  Ethan loves it, so it'll be in the works after he's done with our patio furniture.



Since this is the same bedding I have in my guest room, I decided that I want to do this paper garland instead of a headboard.  I've already bought the scrapbook paper, but now I've got to use Taylor's cricut to make all those circles.  You've got to be dreaming if you think I'm gonna hand cut all those bad boys!  I'm hoping Mom didn't throw away the gallon of red paint I used to paint the dresser and nightstand with because I'd love to paint the wood that the garland hangs from that same red.  I also found a DIY pillow that looks like the white ones in the back that I'd like to take a stab at! ;)



After two or so years I've finally decided that our door needed a new wreath.  I found the FSU inspired yarn wreath here.  I'd say I did pretty good copying her look.  The felt flowers were kind of difficult, but they turned out decent.  In the instructions, the blogger tells you to sit down with your ball of yarn, the wreath, and a good movie because it does take about 2 hours to fully wrap the thing.  It's time consuming, but I do like the finished product.  I'm also looking to add some sort of FSU logo somewhere just to make it scream F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E a little more! 


Last, but not least, I've decided I need these little beauties somewhere in my house.  I stumbled upon this while searching for decoration for a surprise party we've got in the works.  The instructions look easy enough, but like the felt flowers I did on my FSU wreath, I'm worried they won't look just like the picture.


Well, that completes my craft-inspired post for now.  Maybe once I've done everything I'll do a "where we live" tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment