Monday, October 21, 2013

Football & Baby Showers

I'm not even going to complain that it's Monday morning.  Nope, not one single peep here!  Why? Because I have tomorrow and Wednesday off AND my boss is out the other days.  I'm enjoying it. Every. Single. Minute of it!

Friday night was fun.  Me & Ethan got our workout in and then headed to dinner at Panera Bread.  I tried their new Squash Soup & Turkey Wheatberry Salad.  Salad yum.  Soup not so much.  After dinner we headed over to Kohl's to check out some pillows that I saw were on sale.  I want some Euro-sized pillows that have white ruffles/layers/texture.  No luck finding premade pillows, but I did score actual Euro-sized ones for 50% off and then an additional 20% off!  We also got a memory foam mattress topper.  Let me just tell you I've slept pretty amazing the past couple nights!  Sooo worth the $26ish we spent!  (Originally $100!!)  We got out of there spending a little more than I would've liked, but we got what I needed and I found the perfect little chalkboard that I've been wanting for a long time! This little guy was on sale for $8.99 and I had that additional 20% off!


{Just me trying to be like Little Baby Garvin}

Saturday Ethan was in a golf tournament and me and Lex ran errands.  Bath & Body Works was having a hand soap and wallflower sale (and yes, we got suckered in..) and I really needed to go to Sam's Club to stock up on some diet-friendly food.  Nothing too exciting on Saturday, but Saturday Night was a completely different story!!

I've been waiting two weeks for the game of the year!  #3 Clemson vs. my #5 Noles!!  It was an amazing game right from the start when Clemson fumbled and we ran it in for a touchdown all within the first 30 seconds of the game!!  The rest of the game was no different!  Me and Grandma were screaming our heads off!  FSU never trailed Clemson and the final score ended up being 51 to 14! I am so so so proud of my Noles!! It was quite the day of upsets in College Football, so I really should've known we would win!  I mean I knew we were going to ;)

Sunday afternoon we had a baby shower for Marissa & McKinley!  The theme was "Cute as a Button."  Taylor did an amazing job with everything and it turned out just perfect!

{McKinley June Garvin}

{Two weekends in a row that I get to have Kates.Cakes?!}

{Me & the Baby Mamma}

McKinley got some of the cutest clothes and her bedding was handmade by her Gigi! What a loved little girl! I can't wait to see the nursery all done up!! (And finally get to hold that sweet baby girl!!)

Sunday night was the best.. Wanna know why?!  Because this happened..

{FSU #2}

Are you seeing this?!  My beloved FSU is ranked #2 in the BCS!  If we keep this up, we'll be National Championship bound!!  We haven't been ranked this high in the BCS since December 3, 2000! (Random fact thanks to Twitter.. lol)  Next week we have NC State which is a po-dunk team we seem to always lose to, but I've got faith in my Noles and we are in it to win it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment