Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Midweek Weekend

Let me just tell you everyone, yes, everyone should take midweek weekends.  It's what I just did and it was fantastic!! You get Saturday, Sunday off, then work Monday, then have Tuesday, Wednesday off, then work Thursday, Friday, then you're back to the weekend!  Hello, perfect schedule!  Actually, I'm pretty sure if I were a nurse I could pull that schedule off every week.  Food for thought..

Anyways, I spent my Tuesday off with my Mom and Aunt Terri.  Mom and I shopped around Belk for a little bit, got pedicures, then went to lunch at Cheddar's with Aunt Terri.  After that, we went over to the new Burlington Coat Factory where I was not impressed.  I don't think I'll be wasting my time in that store anymore..  I got home around 4ish and took the most glorious hour and a half nap one can take.  Got up and me and Ethan headed to Bass Pro Shop so he could get ready for huntin' season (please say with your hickest redneck accent).  I get "Best Wife Ever" award for going to Bass Pro because come on, that's like me taking him into Sephora for two hours.

Wednesday I spend the day with Grandma.  When you shop with Grandma you have to realize you're probably only going to Dillard's and you'll be in that one store for the entire day.  Not that that bothers me, but for some people *cough Ethan cough* they would want to murder someone.  We did spend a good bit of time in Chico's where she went crazy spending gift cards that she just got for her birthday!  We grabbed lunch at Macaroni Grill, which as you all may know, is the least healthy restaurant in history.  Nonetheless, I got some sort of pasta and chowed down on their heavenly rosemary bread like there was no such thing as a diet.  After properly stuffing ourselves, we headed into Dillard's.  I got a really cute chevron shirt and a really cute chevron dress. I plan to wear the dress to church Sunday, so maybe I'll sneak a picture!  I barely made it to Mom's in time to see Dad off to work, but luckily I did and I was able to see my entire family.  We all went to church and then I went home.  I pretty sure I pouted to Ethan about 100 times that I did not want to go back to work and that I needed to be a "lady of leisure."  I'm absolutely sure that *that* lifestyle suits me just right.

But here I am, back at work.  Where I belong, I guess. Ha!  But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already looking forward to the weekend! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment