Friday, November 22, 2013

High 5 for Friday

Here's my Top 5 moments from this week -

1. I have a new baby cousin!! Mary Ann had William Edward last Saturday around 11:45 a.m.!  He's a month early so he's tiny, but he's doing really good!  Unfortunately I wasn't able to visit them in the hospital because I had a yucky cold!  But I am going to visit them tonight! #can'twait #needbabysnuggles

2. I have been on a "tea detox" for about 10 days now.  It's going really good and I've lost a little over 5 pounds! Hey, whatever gets me closer to my goal of 135 by January 15!

3. Ethan and I had our 8 year anniversary this week!  I know it's not realy our anniversary anymore, but it's fun to remember exactly how long we've been me and him. :)

4. We had a Thanksgiving luncheon at work on Monday.  It was a potluck, so it was nice trying everyone else's cooking.  I was a delinquent and forgot.. So nobody got to taste MY cooking! lol

5. My favorite moment of this week is kind of somber.  I have a friend Kendra who is very, very sick.  I won't go into much detail except that she gave birth to her baby Meredith 5 weeks early on November 12 and was immediately LifeFlighted to UAB because she was seriously ill with pneumonia and the flu and since then has been battling blood clots, dialysis, plummeting heart rates, and so much more.  My favorite moment from this is the massive Prayer Chain that has been started for her.  Her dad started a Facebook page called "Praying for Kendra Fendt" and right now only 4 days after creation has over 3,200 likes.  That means that over 3,000(!) people are praying for her on Facebook alone.  This doesn't count the massive number of people without a Facebook, or the countless Church prayer lists she's been added to, or just word of mouth.  It amazes me how much prayer and petition is going before our Lord on Kendra's behalf.  It gives me chill bumps. Kendra's constantly on my mind.  I feel like I know what the Bible means when is says to "pray without ceasing."  I have faith that God will heal her and reunite her with her brand new baby girl and husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment