Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nice to See You, November

I can't believe it's already November.  I mean, I'm pretty sure it was just Valentine's Day! 

I did pretty good with my "To-Do List" for October:
Buy a new camera & learn how to take good pictures with it.
I got my new camera.  It's not the super fancy one I thought I was going to get, but it is still definitely an upgrade from what I had.

Weekend trip to New Orleans
Sadly we didn't go on this trip.  There was supposed to be a Tropical Storm/Hurricane hitting NOLA that weekend.  I also get called into work when there's an activation at the Emergency Operations Center due to a storm.  I couldn't chance it.

Grandma's 70th Birthday Party
Grandma's Party was a HIT!  She was completely surprised and we had the best time!


{SURPRISE!!}

Mary Ann's Baby Shower
I attended Mary Ann's shower for Baby William at the Yacht Club!  He is already one spoiled little boy with all the super cute things he got!


{Mary Ann, Baby William & Me}

Attend an FSU game?!
I'll be able to check this one off THIS WEEKEND!  #3 FSU v. #7 Miami! It's going to be one heck of a game!

Halloween
I mean, Halloween happened, but I didn't do anything to celebrate it.  I came home from work that day, made an amazing soup for dinner, worked out in the gym while watching The Vampire Diaries, then chilled the rest of the evening with Ethan.

Start running 5 miles per week
Eh.. about that.  It's not like I fell off the workout bandwagon.  I've just found out that I definitely prefer going to a Zumba class rather than running.  Although, me and Taylor have started a Monday Workout Date to run, so I guess technically if we were to run 5 miles.. I'd meet that goal! (ha!)

Start P90X with Ethan
Again with the workout bandwagon.. I'm tending more to switch up my workouts rather than sticking to a specific program.  Like this past week I ran with Taylor, went to Zumba class, and worked out solo in our gym.  I guess if I could "halfway" cross that out I would..

Lose 10 pounds
I didn't lose 10 pounds, more like almost 5.  I have a really hard time "losing" weight, but I tone up pretty easily.  I'll officially know my inches lost next week when it's "Day 30" of P90X.

Blog more frequently
I think I did pretty good blogging in October!  I've even started adding better pictures and links to things I like!  The 'ole blog even got a little bit of a facelift with my new customized header!  I'll play with it a little more when our home computer isn't "sick."  Stinkin' thing went and got a virus without my permission.. the nerve.

Marissa's Baby Shower
This originally wasn't on my list.. chalk it up to an oversight.  But we had a wonderful time celebrating the soon-to-be Momma and Miss McKinley

{Me, Momma & McKinley}


The Pensacola Interstate Fair
Also not on my original "to-do" list.. I had a great time with Mom and the kids.  The kids went off and road and me and Mom walked around looking at everything and eating everything.  Ok, we weren't *that bad.. We had a corndog, roasted corn on the cob, and cotton candy.

{Me and my Momma}


Now that I've looked back over my month, here's what I'm looking forward to in November!

  • We're going to the FSU v. Miami game!!
  • P90X "Day 30" for me!  I've made it a month working out consistently, now let's see some results!
  • Camp Grace
  • Family Birthdays
  • Baby Shower for Ashley
  • PCA Alumni Game
  • Thanksgiving
  • Black Friday Shopping
  • FSU v. Florida Game!!
  • Have my weight in the 140s!
  • Start getting up at 6:30 {i.e. try to be more punctual to work..}
All righty, November, I've got high expectations from you, so don't let me down! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment