Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello, 2014!  Boy, have I got some plans for you! 2014, you're going to be my best year yet! I've got plans, goals, ideas, wishes, thoughts, and dreams!

Mostly for 2014 my "theme" is to be more involved.  More involved with my family, more involved with my church/community, and more involved with my job.

I'd like to be more involved with my family just by seeing them more.  I've got a sister that's almost 13!  She's growing up so fast and I've barely spent any time with her.  This year, I change that!  I will be picking her up from school just because, taking her to the mall, seeing movies with her, and going to as many of her school functions as possible.

I've said it before, but I want to see each of my grandparents at least once a month.  All my grandparents live in town, so there's really no excuse for me.. it's truly sad that I don't see them or even talk to them on the phone at least once a month!

If there's a family dinner or a dance recital this year, I want to be there! Family time will be a must for me in 2014!

I'd like to be more involved with my church and my community in 2014.  I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to make this happen, but I'll think of a plan!  I guess if my church has a camp work day or some sort of social function, I want to be there!  With my community, I'd love to volunteer more, get involved with charity fundraisers, and participate in awareness walks/runs.  I'd love to do a 5k or something of that nature that benefits the Ronald McDonald house or something like that.

Getting more involved with my job kind of relates to getting more involved with my community.  I already work for the government so some of these charity events go hand-in-hand.  Volunteering will already be incorporated with work with "The Day of Caring" and I know coworkers that already have teams in place for "The Heart Walk."  I'd honestly love to win "Employee of the Month" or even "Employee of the Year."  I really feel like you have to stand out to win either of these awards and I'm really going to try this year!

Of course there's a resolution list, so without further ado, here's my 2014 Resolutions

  • Read the Bible all the way through
  • Get me a new car
  • Pay off our debt
  • Have 3 months worth of bills in savings
  • Take more pictures
  • Get ready for the work day the night before
  • Leave for work on time!
  • Blog more
  • Run a 5K or better
  • Get to my goal weight of 135
  • Make a list of places to eat/things to do on the beach
  • Go to a One Direction concert (hehe.. I'll cross this off in October!!)
  • Go to New York at Christmas
  • Weekend trip to New Orleans
  • Keep Mount Foldmore folded
  • Complain less, praise more
  • Be able to run under an 8 minute mile
  • Visit each set of grandparents at least once a month
  • Participate in the heart walk, breast cancer walk, and The Day of Caring

Most people think New Year's Resolutions are stupid, but I've heard a quote that I think goes perfectly for a new year...

"Fail to plan or plan to fail."  I'm planning to have one heck of a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment