Friday, January 10, 2014

High Five for Friday

So this week was supposed to be my 1st full week back to work, well, that didn't happen.  I caught some major yuckiness and was out for the count. At least for 2 days anyway.

Even though I was sick it still turned out to be a pretty rockin' week!

{Doing sick days right - hot tea, leggings & fuzzy slippers}
Here's my High 5 for this Friday, linked up here with The Lauren Elizabeth and here with Simply Lulu Style

1.  I'm not even going to save this one for the end (not that I normally do them in least-best to best-best moment)!  FSU WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!  What a perfect way to end our perfect season!!  Me and Ethan went over to Aunt Terri's house to eat seafood gumbo and watch the game. The game itself was horrible.  FSU couldn't do crap in the 1st half and was losing going into halftime, something we haven't done all season long.  By the 3rd quarter we had got the score decently close where I felt like we still had a chance, but by the 4th quarter my Noles started playing like I was used to seeing them play!  We won the game by scoring a touchdown with only 13 seconds left on the clock!  This was by far the most intense/stressful/infuriating game I've ever watched. I also think this was the loudest I've ever screamed at the tv because almost 4 days later I'm still hoarse!

 
{FSU #1}

{13 long years of waiting for my boys to be #1 again!}

{Congrats to Auburn on their amazing season too!}

2. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to read the Bible all the way through. I started this week and was amazed that God is already showing me what I need. I decided to start in Proverbs really for no reason other than I like the book of Proverbs. I'm asking God for a few things, mainly wisdom, contentment, and understanding. I want to be a better Christian and I desire to be a better follower of Christ. And wouldn't you know right in Chapter 2 God showed me how I can obtain all these things!

Proverbs 2: 1-6  My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
How crazy is that that the 1st night I start to have my quiet time with God, that he shows me exactly how to obtain the things I'm craving. God truly is good and He is good all the time.

{My newest Chalkboard}

3. Another one of my Resolutions was to keep Mt. Foldmore folded.  If you don't know what I mean by that.. well here's a picture of my loveseat and the mountain of clothes that need to be folded on it.



This picture was taken AFTER I had been working on folding those clothes for over an hour.  It was quite honestly a "mountain." Notice the sweet, sleeping kitty at the top. I played Jenga with the clothes by removing what I could without disturbing him for as long as I could.  Jinx was not happy I messed with his favorite napping spot. After a couple hours I finally got all the clothes that needed to be folded folded, but I still have some socks to match and some others to hang. If you can't tell, folding clothes is not my favorite chore, BUT I resolve to not let it get out of hand like this anymore!

4. Speaking of that sweet, sleeping kitty.. I pretty much cracked up last night when I say him taking a snooze like this...

{How in the world is *this* comfortable?!}


5. Grandpa celebrated his 78th birthday on Thursday!  I hope one day I'm as healthy and active as him when I turn 78!  Happy birthday, Grandpa!  I love you!

Bonus #6 I got back down to 150.8 on the scale! I was supposed to be down in the low 140s by now to reach another goal of mine, but Christmas really did a number on me!  If I'm good this weekend, I can at least get in the 140s before my deadline date! ;) I guess eating clean and no carbs will definitely help those pounds come off!

No comments:

Post a Comment