Thursday, January 2, 2014

NYE & NY Day

We spent the last day of the year and the first day of the new year with our favorite people.


Ethan got up and went hunting with his Dad, while I went shopping with my Grandma. Me and Grandma had a good time meandering through TJMaxx. I swear we spent about 3 hours in there! It had been such a long time since I had been to TJMaxx that I didn't even mind. I even found the same pajamas that Aunt Terri got Hannah for Christmas, so of course I bought them and had my monogram put on them just like Hannah's!

NYE night we had plans to have dinner at Katie & Daniel's house. Katie made chili and Taylor brought chips and dip. After dinner Katie did our makeup and we sipped hot chocolate while watching the Bowl Game that was on TV.

{My New Year's Eve Date}

{Best Friends}

{Pelican Drop 2014}

We headed out to the Pelican Drop around 11:15. I would've like to have gotten there alot earlier, but the boys did not want to go, so of course they postponed it as long as possible. Last year we "watched" the pelican drop from the backside of the pelican, so this year my only request (which I should've made more clear..) was to watch from the front! Well, we got there about 11:30, but it was so packed that we ended up walking down and up a block to try to get closer from the front side. Mission failed.. the guys decided that a little courtyard 2 blocks away from the stage and not in the main street was a good place to watch. You could barely see the pelican from behind the TV station van and the few trees that were near. It really irritated me because *this* was the one thing I wanted to make sure we did on our entire vacation. We ended up watching the pelican drop through some trees and promptly left at 12:05, before the fireworks were even over. Lame, lame, lame. I don't know what we'll do next year, but I can guarantee you it won't be going to the Pelican Drop with any guys.

After the drop we headed back to Katie & Daniel's to play Apples to Apples. Two things we learned during the 2 rounds that we played..

(1) Taylor's cards completely and accurately describe her to a T and (2) I completely and utterly suck at Apples to Apples by not winning one single round.

{Creepy, Filthy, Chewy, Ancient & Chunky}

We got home around 3 a.m. and got up the next morning around noon. I really didn't want to sleep away my last day before going back to work, but really it was unavoidable! Ethan got up and went to Bass Pro Shop with his Dad while I went over to my Grandma's house to enjoy the traditional New Year's Day meal.

Grandma always makes cabbage and black eye peas, but after looking up the "real" traditional meal I noticed that technically we should be eating collard greens. Grandma said it didn't matter, but I told her that's probably why we've never come into money in the new year. Haha! Also, we didn't have cornbread which is supposed to represent gold! It was fun reading the folklore for why this is a traditional meal. After lunch we watched some football and took some naps. Basically my perfect afternoon.

{Greens & Black Eye Peas for $$ and Luck}

Dinner was at Sarah's and we had lasagna. Ethan's parents are driving back home on Friday, so this was my last time seeing them until next time.
I can't believe the "holiday season" is already over. I feel like I blinked and Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's are over! It's been wonderful having so much time off, but it's time to get back to the real world and my normal schedule. I'm sure my waistline will be happy for me to get back into a normal eating routine and exercise again!

1 comment:

  1. cute blog!

    would love for you to join in on the Healthy Habits e-Party I'm hosting-- more info on my blog. : )

    

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete