Friday, February 14, 2014

High Five for Friday

Another week to go down in the books.. er, um.. blog. It was a good week and I can't believe it's already Friday again! My "highs" for the week are going to jump around and not make sense, so don't judge. You'll see what I mean by the end ;)

1. Diet is going good! It's been 2 weeks since I've "officially" gotten back on track and I've lost 3 pounds! I'm really hoping working hard to lose 10 more pounds by my friend's wedding in March. I've got a month, so let's see what I can do!

2. Lately Jinx has decided that Ethan is his cuddle buddy, which basically breaks me heart. Not gonna lie. Jerry seems to be the only one that will cuddle with me. Like crawl up in my lap with no prompting kind of cuddle, the same way Jinx does Ethan.  BUT I think I've figured out why this is.. See, Ethan is warm-natured, while I'm cold-natured. Jinx is skinny, while Jer Bear is fat. Jinx needs the warmth from Ethan, while Jerry doesn't need the extra warmth and can cuddle with my cold-bodied self!  It's my theory and I'm sticking to it!  It's not that Jinx loves Ethan more, it's that he's using Ethan for his warmth. Totally don't blame him there.

3. Monday night Ethan convinced me to go on a run. Like a real run outside and not on my "comfort-zone" treadmill. The cool breeze was refreshing and the mile run down to the cross on the beach was actually nice. We walked back home and it was so nice to just talk to each other with no distractions. No cell phones, no tablet, no TV. Just me & him :)

4. Wednesday night started revival at our church with Pastor Jack Tripp. I enjoyed his sermon and felt like God was speaking to me. Brother Tripp preached from Psalm 69, which is a Chapter where David is complaining to God. The message was titled, "God Gives Back What He Didn't Take." Basically, God is the only one that can restore to you what he didn't take from you. Meaning - you've lost your joy? God didn't take your joy away, but he'll restore what Satan stole from you. You've let life take your fire and zeal for God away, well, spoiler alert.. God can restore your fire and zeal for Him! He's that amazing of a God that He can restore unto you anything that Satan has stolen from you.  All you have to do is ask!

5. Today is Valentine's Day which means my diet is kinda officially "off" for the day.. I know, I know. All my progress, those 3 pounds! Well.. Ethan surprised me with chocolate-covered strawberries this morning, I got goodies from my coworkers at work, my boss brought in the cutest (and yummiest) heart-shaped donuts from Krispy Kreme this morning, and Ethan and I are planning one-heck-of-a cheat meal tonight at Ruth's Chris.  I'll get back on it tomorrow.. #YOLO (See.. jumping from Diet Queen to Fats McFatty lol)

That's all for now.. So, here's to the weekend and some sunshine that's coming our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment