Tuesday, March 25, 2014

20 Things That Women Do

Hello, world! I have good news and I have bad news. Good news is there's something new on my blog that doesn't involve linking up with anyone, bad news is I'm writing this because I'm home sick from work due to pink eye. Hold on, who am I kidding? I'm home from work.. that's good news on a Monday! But again bad news because I'm stuck wearing my glasses for the next 3-5 days. For this contact-lovin' wearer, that's no bueno.

So whilst sitting at home, putting in medicated eye drops that burn like the fire, I read this article about 20 things that women do that men probably don't know about.  Some of them are funny, most are true, and a couple really don't apply to me. I thought I'd pull out my favorites.

{1} Wearing the same bra for an undetermined amount of time. As gross as this is, I'm totally guilty. And since it made this countdown I'm assuming a lot of other ladies out there are totally guilty too!

{5} Naming your boobies. When I first read this, I thought, "Nope, haven't done that." Then rewind to 7th grade Bible class and I remember that my best friend and I named the girls "goodness" and "mercy" after the Bible verse that says "my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life." We thought we were super clever for that one. Scratch that. We are super clever for that one!

{8} Spending too much time trying to pluck that one eyebrow hair. For this one, all I have to say is invest in a good pair of tweezers. Tweezerman are my favorite. They're pricey, but oh-so-worth it!

{13} Stabbed myself with a mascara wand. I don't do this on the reg, but Ethan has an uncanny ability to sense when I'm putting on eyeliner and that's when he wants to be sweet and come up behind me with a hug. I do sneeze after applying mascara all the time. Which, obviously, is super annoying.

{14} Squatting like a baseball catcher to stretch out freshly washed jeans. This is all fun and games until you tear a huge 8" hole up the leg of your favorite skinny jeans. In front of your husband.

{15} Getting ready for a date 2-3 hours before hand and then running out of time. Story. Of. My. Life. I literally cannot give myself too much time to get ready or I won't be ready. I know that makes no sense, but it's so true. I call it my Grandma Carol Syndrome.

{16} Cup shower water in your boobies and unleash the water torrents on your toes. Just had this conversation with my husband. No lie. We were talking about weird things we used to do as a kid and I mentioned that I would sit in the tub with the shower running with my legs pulled to my chest and let the water fill up (because let's be honest.. I didn't have the boobies to do what the author of this article was talking about) then straighten my legs and let the rush of water fall. He thought this was the weirdest thing ever. Glad to know someone else does it.

Now, what about you? I know someone out there has a funny story to share and I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment