Monday, March 17, 2014

My Weekend & Savannah's Wedding

I'm not even going to complain that today is Monday. Nope, I won't do it. Even though I have plenty of ammo on my side to convince you that today sucks. I won't mention it's rainy and gross outside. I won't mention that I barely got any sleep last night thanks to the big momma glass of sweet tea from Taco Bell. {Side note - Taco Bell's sweet tea is actually pretty good. And that's coming from a sweet tea snob!} I won't even mention my eye is still kinda pink and wonky this morning. {Another side note - please Dear Lord, don't let me have pink eye.} Nope, I won't mention any of these things because I have a short week this week and I plan on being positive and upbeat. All I've gotta do is make it through Wednesday and I'm homefree for a little R&R.

This past weekend was wonderful. Yes, it rained almost 24/7, but it was one of those weekends that that didn't even matter. Friday night Ethan and I went to a hockey game. It was the last weekend before the play-offs and Grandpa wanted to use up his buddy seats. It was a good game! Tied mostly the whole game, into overtime, then shoot-outs, then sudden death. Ultimately the Flyers won and knocked the other team out of the play-offs.

{Hubs & Me}

{Me & Baby Sis}


{Go Flyers!}

Saturday morning Ethan went golfing and I spent most of the morning in bed watching Once Upon a Time. It was a morning well spent.

{Hook. ::swoon::}

Saturday afternoon we had Savannah's wedding to attend. I'm so glad the rain held off for them for their ceremony. They had the ceremony outside and it had a very country feel to it. There were old rocking chairs in the front for the family to sit in and bushels of hay for guest to sit on in the back. The arch was made out of limbs and was decorated with sunflowers. They created doors for the bride to walk out of and had her grandfather's old pickup truck to take them away. I'm seriously tearing up just remembering all the sweet moments from this wedding.

{Blind folding the groom so he can't see his Bride until she's walking down the aisle}

{Riding up on her daddy's Harley. Seriously so them.}

{Walking down the aisle}

{Saying their vows, which were personalized and so sweet}

{You may now kiss your Bride}

{The new Mr. & Mrs. Jernigan}

{Seriously, how cute are these two?!}

The reception was held inside the Shrine. The decor was simple and southern. Lots of burlap, gingham, mason jars, and other rustic elements.

{The J & S were their guestbook}

{Sorry for the crap-quality photo, it was dim in there.}

The food was yummy and the dancing was fun. The father/daughter dance was something that would have made a grown man cry.. wait, that actually did happen. Savannah's dad is a tatted-up, motorcycle lovin', pet tarantula havin' man, but man, does that man love his little girl. Now, how about a little photo dump to rememver the rest of the night by..

{Photobooth fun with the women of my family}

{Perks of sitting near the photobooth? You get to go in it a million times!}

{Hubs & Me by their cute sitting area}

{Crazy eyes lol}

{Sister-in-law & Me}



{Us with the Bride & Groom}

{Again}

{Mom & Dad with the Newlyweds}



{This one cracks me up.. we warned Ethan about what he was marrying in to..}

{No, my sister and I didn't plan on matching, but the Bride's dress though..}

{Sparklers!!}


The night was near perfect and I'm so glad me and Ethan were there to witness it all! I wish Savannah and Justin many, many years of happiness! She made one gorgeous bride and he's one lucky guy for it!

Sunday was your typical Sunday for us. We got up and went to church. Of course it rained all-stinkin-day, but that's okay. I hit up the mall with the girls, got Starbucks, and even squeezed in a nap.



Sunday evening me and Ethan got ready for work and snuggled on the couch a bit.  Here's Jerry cathcing up on his favorite show, Too Cute.



For a first for me, I'm linked up with Dateless in Dallas and Showered with Design for their Weekend Recap. Check them out and join in the fun of their linkup!



4 comments:

  1. Y'all are so darn cute. And I love that they blindfolded the groom till she was walking down the aisle...that's perfect!!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elise! It was so perfect! I wouldn't have thought to do that to make sure he didn't see her until it was time!

      Delete
  2. What an adorable wedding!!! And how cute are you and your hubs?! Happy St. Patrick's Day and cheers to a short week!

    ReplyDelete