Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend Recap // Go Ice Flyers!!

{Friday Night} Thanks so my sweet friend Lauren, we were able to get Ethan's hunk of junk truck towed to my parent's house. Getting AAA to tow the truck turned out to be a almost 5-hour ordeal, but we all survived. Half-starved and irritated, but we all survived. Once the backup tow truck driver arrived Lauren and her boyfriend left for their date night. I felt so bad that we ruined their Friday night, but so thankful that we have loving people in our church who are willing to sacrifice to help out! Ethan and I rented a movie and got Santino's for dinner. Not exactly a wild, crazy fun Friday night, but more of an "adult necessity," if you will.

{Saturday} We slept in late and went to the mall. Since we ruined Lauren's date night to Moe's, we got her a gift card to make up for it. We ate lunch at Panera Bread and headed over to my grandparent's to carpool to the hockey game. We planned to go to the finals game with them in Biloxi, Mississippi, by team bus. It was a fun game, but I don't think we'll be agreeing to any away games any time soon! We left the Bay Center around 4 p.m. and didn't return till nearly 2 a.m. It was a very miserable bus ride to and from! Since the Ice Flyers ended up winning, they're on to the next round of finals to win the President's Cup! I've never seen an away game where the visitors easily outnumbered the home team! I'm glad we were able to pack out our sections for the Flyers!

{Still rockin' the pink eye glasses..}

{Pensacola Ice Flyers vs. Mississippi Surge}

{Sweetest thing ever}

{Flyers win in sudden death overtime!!}

{Ice Flyers on to another President's Cup}


{Sunday} Since we knew we were going to get in late from the game, we planned to stay at my parent's house that night. Nothing stranger than being woken up in your childhood bedroom by your dad with a boy in your bed.. lol Stephanie had Emma at church Sunday morning so it was good to get some newborn snuggles to start the day! Church was good and we got KFC afterwards for lunch. As Ethan puts it, I'm still bulking before my diet bet starts tomorrow! There's no sense in dieting before my diet starts, so yes, I did enjoy a Poptart for breakfast, KFC for lunch, and ice cream for dinner. Tomorrow really is going to suck.. I got a glorious nap in while the boys tried to fix Ethan's truck. No luck there, so it's on to an actual mechanic to find out what's going on. Ya'll please pray it's not a bajillion dollars!

I know I didn't have the most exciting weekend, but there she is! As usual, I'm linked up with Dateless in Dallas and Showered with Design for their weekend recap! I've got exciting news for my blog tomorrow so make sure you come back and check it out! How was your weekend? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment