Wednesday, April 9, 2014

20 Questions

I grabbed this questionnaire Christa over at the blog Forever Young. She was inspired by Marie Claire's interview with Sarah Jessica Parker to write this questionnaire to allow her readers to get to know the "person behind the blog." I love a good questionnaire. It takes me back to the 'ole Myspace days.

Ahh, the Myspace questions. Anyone else remember those? Man, those days feel like ages ago.

1. What brings you the greatest joy?
I'm embarrassed to say it's probably when my Jinxy cat wants snuggles, which is super rare. 

2. What are your vices? 
Currently, french macarons.

3. What is on your nightstand?
Hideous lamps my husband adores, a DIY mason jar vase filled with hydrangeas (similar here), a Scentsy warmer, and my cellphone charger 

4. Do you have a secret talent? 
I can do a back handspring. Well, at least, I could do. It's kind of been years since I've tried.

5. What is your greatest indulgence?
Sitting on the beach with nothing to do and a great book.

6. What should every woman try at least once in her life?
Bikini wax. Hey, it could change your life. 

7. What makes you laugh?
Odd stuff. Ethan says I have a really weird sense of humor. Think cheesy.

8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? 
I'm sensitive to emotions and can be insecure at times.

9. Were do you dream about traveling? 
Anywhere tropical.

10. What is on your feet right now?
Tan flats. I swear they go with everything.

11. How did you make your first dollar?
I was my grandparent's "yard girl" every stinkin' Saturday during the summer. This included mowing, trimming, and weeding. To this day, I still hate the smell of cut grass. 

12. What superstition do you believe in?
Bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, don't walk under a ladder, knock on wood. Dang.. I'm more superstitious than I thought. 

13. What items in your closet do you wear the most?
Ethan would say my baggy, long dresses. Aka maxi dresses. 

14. What is the best gift you've ever received? 
My grandparents gave me a 4-year pre-paid college plan. I didn't appreciate it enough then as I do now.

 15. Favorite television show?  
The Originals, The Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones

16. What is on your kitchen counter?
Too much stuff. Blender, Kuerig, Toaster Oven, Spice Rack, Knife Block, etc.

17. What would you never leave home without?
Sadly, my cellphone.

18. Favorite part of the day?
Monday - Friday would be 5:01 p.m., Saturday and Sunday would be waking up late.

19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
It'd be the funny girl party of the year. Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Ellen, Taylor Swift, and my IRL bestie Taylor.

20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger?
Things are different once you grow up. You may have thought at 10 years old that you'd be married by 18 and have your 1st child by 20, just like your mom, but you won't. Take time to enjoy the little things in life and don't try to rush your life by so much. Enjoy summer vacation, enjoy having only a part-time job, go on girl's weekend trips, go away for college, enjoy your high school metabolism. I'm not trying to dog "growing up" but I really feel like we rush our lives by waiting for the next big thing, or at least I'm super guilty of it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. I feel like I know you better already :) I have never had a bikini wax! I'm starting to think I'm the last person on earth! Maybe I'll do it for our vacation in a couple weeks. How long do you think it should be done before your trip as far as redness?

    ReplyDelete