Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Diet Bet // Week 1

Warning: This is a totally boring recap of my weekly meal plan and workout schedule, along with some commentary on dieting. If you don't read this, I totally understand! :)

{4/1}

Woke up at 5:45 a.m., which is way too early in my opinion, to jump on that elliptical for a solid hour. I tried to keep my heart rate in the "fat burning" level, which for me is between 120-140. Slowly, but surely, sweat drops started to form and I was dripping. It was nice being up that early and being able to get ready without rushing, but as soon as I got to work it hit me that I had already been up for nearly 3 hours. Hello, giant cup of coffee!

Preworkout - 1 large banana, 2 T peanut butter (110 cal/180 cal)
1st breakfast - cottage cheese with pineapple, coffee with creamer (100 cal/70 cal)
10 a.m. breakfast - Slimfast meal replacement bar, water (200 cal)
1 p.m. lunch - shrimp & avocado salad on romaine lettuce, water (350 cal)
3 p.m. snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
6 p.m. dinner - Slimfast meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1290 cal.
Workout: 60 min elliptical
{4/2}
Story of my life right now...

{Source Unknown}

Dieting is still going pretty good. I've tried to space out my eating so I never really feel hungry. Also, I missed my morning cardio. Ethan says it's better to skip the morning cardio rather than be tired. Your body uses sleep as a way to heal your body from earlier workouts. If you're tired your metabolism slows down and you don't get as much out of your workout as you should. #goodtoknow! I'm so thankful for my smart hubby! :)

My meal plan was the same as yesterday, just minus the cottage cheese.

Total: 1190
Workout: P90X Plyo video - 45 min
{4/3}

1st breakfast - 1 large banana, 2 T peanut butter (110 cal, 180 cal)
2nd breakfast - Meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - shrimp and avocado salad on romaine lettuce (350 cal)
1st snack - 2 boiled eggs (160 cal)
snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
dinner - Meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1280
Workout: none


I really didn't drink as much water as I should have because it was a Board Meeting night and I didn't want to have to get up 100 times during the meeting. Today was also the only day I didn't get any kind of work out in.. :(

{4/4} Still sore as ever from doing Plyo Wednesday night. I did, however, spend about 30 minutes on the elliptical to loosen my muscles out!

1st breakfast - 1 large banana, 2 T peanut butter, coffee with creamer (110cal, 180 cal, 70 cal)
2nd breakfast - Meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - grilled chicken Cesar salad (300 cal)
1st snack - 2 boiled eggs (160 cal)
2nd snack - Slimfast snack bar (200 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1400
Workout: 30 min on elliptical


{4/5} I didn't eat the greatest today. I had 2 baby showers to attend, and let's face it, baby shower food is awesome!

1st breakfast - Meal replacement bar (200 cal)
2nd breakfast (at 1st shower) - yogurt with fruit, scoop of fruit salad (200 cal?)
lunch - turkey roll-ups with hummus, 2 boiled egg whites, kale chips (200 cal, 160 cal, 50 cal)
snack - 3 french macarons {I know, I know.. I failed on the diet!}, carrots with no dip, 1 chocolate-covered strawberry, 3 or 4 half sandwich things {totes amazing!} (?! cal?!)
dinner - Meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total guess-timate: at least 1200
Workout: 60 min on elliptical
French macarons are easily my new favorite dessert. I thought I had good will power, but when it comes to those tasty little cookies, I'm done. Chelsea made strawberry milk with cookie dough filling french macarons. Heaven in your mouth. I ate three. Ok, I already confessed to that! Haha! But you would have eaten three too! I did counteract the sin with an hour on the elliptical. Worth it, sooooo worth it!

This was the only day that I didn't actually lose any weight and gained some. Guess cutting out my unnecessary carbs and sugar really does work!

{4/6}

Preworkout - 1 large banana, 2 T peanut butter (110 cal, 180 cal)
Breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
Lunch - Chef salad with side of chicken (200 cal, 250 cal)
Snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
Dinner - Meal replacement bar (180 cal)

Total: 1220
Workout: 30 min on treadmill, walking at incline
{4/7}

1st breakfast - 1 large banana, 2 T peanut butter, coffee with creamer (110 cal, 180 cal, 70 cal)
2nd breakfast - Meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - black bean soup (350 cal)
1st snack - 2 boiled egg whites (50 cal)
2nd snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
Preworkout - 2 slices turkey jerky (100 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1340
Workout: 60 min on elliptical

{Starting weight - April 1, 2014. Week 1 - April 8, 2014}

{I think I may have Kardashian blood..}

{Slight definition beginning to show}

I'm aware that losing nearly 7 lbs in a week is alot. I've talked to my husband, who has a degree in Exercise Science, and he's told me it's healthy as long as I'm fueling my body and getting enough sleep. There are many factors when it comes to a woman losing weight. I've found that limiting my carbs and sugar, drinking lots of water, and eating my largest meals during the day have helped me so far. I don't expect another 7 lbs to come off by next week. I'm sure my weight will begin to level out and be harder to lose. I still hope to lose at least 2-3 lbs per week through the competition, which would make my month total nearly 15 lbs.

Here's to being uncomfortable for a month, so I don't have to feel uncomfortable for the rest of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss girl! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last line is so great and so true! It's so easy to get caught up on being uncomfortable when trying to lose weight, but really it's just a short period and then maintaining. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Because believe me, the thought of eating another shrimp salad makes me want to die, but I'll "suffer" through. I know the meal replacements are short lived and will only help me this month, kind of a launching pad to my goal weight! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete