Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Diet Bet // Week 2

{4/8}

Up bright and early for a 40-minute inclined treadmill walk. I was going to attempt some sprint intervals, but at 6 in the morning, I'm just not coordinated or awake enough for that junk.

1st breakfast - large banana, 2 T peanut butter (110 cal, 180 cal)
Mid morning pick-me-up - coffee with creamer (70 cal) {I really should buy "diet" creamer..}
2nd breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - shrimp and avocado salad with romaine lettuce (300 cal)
1st snack - cottage cheese with raspberries (100 cal)
2nd snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake and 1 jalapeno popper {bunco food.. yum} (180 cal/50 cal?)

Total: 1290
Workout: 40 min treadmill

I thought today would be hard with bunco, but surprisingly I was ok. I drank my Slimfast shake while everyone else was getting their plates ready, then I held and fed baby William while everyone else ate. Baby snuggles > fattening food any day of the week!

{4/9}

1st breakfast - large banana, 2 T peanut butter, coffee with creamer (110 cal, 180 cal, 70 cal)
2nd breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - grilled chicken Cesar salad (300 cal)
snack - Slimfast snack bar (100) cal
snack - 2 boiled eggs (160 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1300
Workout: P90X Plyo - 45 min.

Today was the first day I've felt "burnt out" on my diet food. I'm still loving all things Slimfast, it's more my lunchtime routine of some sort of salad. I had to throw out the shrimp salad I made for meal prep, the smell
and thought of it made me gag. I feel some grilled chicken and veggies for my near future.

{4/10}

It's a Board Meeting day again for me, so today's schedule will probably be a little weird. I already know I won't get enough water since bathroom breaks will be super limited. I'm also worried about getting enough calories early on in the day since snack time will also be super limited. I was a bad girl this morning and didn't get up with my 5:30 a.m. alarm to go workout, which means I need to squeeze a quick, probably worthless, workout in before the hockey game, workout after the hockey game super late, or don't workout at all. Dang.. why couldn't I have just gotten up like I was supposed to?! "Man, I regret that early morning workout." - said no one ever.

breakfast - meal replacement bar, coffee with creamer (200 cal, 70 cal)
{Side note on that combo - Slimfast's chocolate chip cookie dough meal replacement bar pairs super well with sweet coffee.}
lunch - Firehouse Hook & Ladder "light" with baked Lay chips (450 cal, 130 cal)
{Clearly my "cheat" of the week..}
snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1130
Workout: Late night, post hockey game elliptical for 30 min.

{4/11}

We're on the verge of another weekend. Weekends scare me in the diet world. I'll be away from my desk, which means I'll be away from the perfectly coordinated routine of when I should eat that meal bar and when I should be finished with that 2nd tumbler of water.

1st breakfast - large banana with 2 T peanut butter, coffee with creamer (110 cal, 180 cal, 70 cal)
2nd breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - Chick-fil-A salad with large Coke Zero (450 cal)
snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1290
Workout: 60 min elliptical

{4/12}

Ah, Saturday. The day you sleep in super late missing half your morning calories and then eat the rest of them at yummy Shaggy's on the beach. I thought my 30 min on the elliptical would cover my eating sins, but it wasn't enough.

breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - fish tacos and veggies drowned in butter (a lot cal)
snack - can't remember
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: at least 1200, those fish tacos were bomb.com
Workout: 30 min treadmill

{4/13}

breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - "low carb" chicken sandwich and side salad from Hardee's (340 cal, 100 cal)
snack - strawberries (150 cal)
snack - "Wendy's frosty-inspired" protein shake (240 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1210
Workout: 60 min elliptical

{4/14}

I had Monday off from work, so we pretty much just lounged around all day. We tried the restaurant Red Fish Blue Fish again, safe to say we won't be going back.

breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - grilled chicken on a bed of onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and spinach (450 cal)
snack - apple (150 cal)
snack - banana with peanut butter (110 cal, 180 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)

Total: 1270
Workout: 60 min elliptical

So the moment you've been waiting reading for.. my picture updates:

{Clearly it was a beautiful weekend, bc your girl's tan is on!}
{Also, let's note the most important thing here, my brown roots were fixed by my incredible hair dresser!}

{Baby still got back}

{Goal for next week? Kick the 140s in the butt!}

Thanks for reading along with my diet bet! It's been a rough 2nd week, but I'm still going strong and desperately scanning Pinterest for new and yummy diet meals. I swear if I eat one more salad..
So, if you've got a super yummy, super healthy recipe, please please please share it with me! :)

1 comment: