Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Diet Bet // Week 3

{4/15}

Starting Week 3 with a bang! I'm down 9 lbs and totally contribute that weight loss to super strict eating and cardio, cardio, cardio! This morning I got a good sweaty 60 minutes in on the elliptical.

1st breakfast - banana with peanut butter (290 cal)
2nd breakfast - meal replacement bar and coffee with creamer (270 cal)
lunch - spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast and roasted brussel sprouts (300 cal)
{I totally recommend these and will be eating them again and a lot!}
1st snack - apple (100 cal)
2nd snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
dinner - bowl of Panera Bread broccoli cheddar  (320 cal)

Total: 1380 cal
Workout: 60 min elliptical (am), 60 min treadmill (walk at incline)(pm)

Lesson learned today, you honestly can't out workout a "bad" diet. This is proof from my 2 hours spent in the gym today. Sure the soup was within my "calories" and I had worked out earlier that morning, but I still gained weight the next morning. Bottom line - if you want to lose weight, you can't afford "cheats," no matter how small. Once you reach your goals is when you can start eating "cheats" and work on just maintaining your weight.

{4/16}

breakfast - cottage cheese with raspberries, coffee with creamer (170 cal)
2nd breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast and roasted brussel sprouts (300 cal)
1st snack - apple (100 cal)
2nd snack - Slimfast sanck bar (100 cal)
dinner - meal replacement shake (180 cal)
post work-out snack - strawberries and then beans. Gross I know and I swear they were eaten at different times. (150 cal)

Total: 1200
Workout: 30 min elliptical

{4/17}

breakfast - banana with peanut butter (110 call, 180 cal)
2nd breakfast - meal replacement bar (200 cal)
lunch - black bean soup (400 cal)
snack - Slimfast snack bar (100 cal)
dinner - Outback Steak House (? cal)

So basically because of the holiday weekend, you're just going to have to believe me that I ate enough. And trust me I did! From ham to potatoes to desserts galore, I had such a good time with family and friends and didn't track my normal eating and such. We did go out to eat quite a bit, but I was pretty good. I always checked the menu before we went and looked up their nutritional information. It's pretty amazing what you think is a "healthy" meal, compared to what actually is a healthy meal. Don't get me wrong, I totally indulged in some Bloomin' Onion at Outback, and you can bet your butt that I ate a biscuit at Red Lobster. Easter treats didn't pass me either. And you know what, I'm ok with that. I'm back on track now and I plan to give it my all for these last 10 days of the competition.

As I mentioned earlier, you seriously cannot out workout a bad diet. Sure eat what you want, but workout like crazy, you won't lose weight. That's called maintaining. Or the other way around.. watch what you eat, but don't spend time in the gym. Weight loss is a two parts: diet and exercise. Maintenance is one part: you choose which one you don't want to do. And Weight gain, well that's two parts too: you don't do either.

After my week of still hitting the gym hard, but eating what I want, I stayed the same (weight wise) as last week. I haven't done measurements, so I have no indicator of that aspect.

Here's my progress pics:

{I honestly don't see much different in my "front view" pictures."}
{My bellybutton does look higher..}

{Left - 4/22, 151.2 lbs. // Right - 4/1, 160.2 lbs.}


{"Side view" is my favorite}
{I've got a disappearing booty act going on!}

{"Front view" progression}

So what does this mean for the last left of the competition?! I'm gonna continue to hit the gym hard, at least 60 minutes of cardio and continue to eat clean. I'd absolutely love to end this competition with a 10 lb lose and even in the 140s again. I'm soo close, so let's see what I can accomplish when my mind and body are in it 110%!!

No comments:

Post a Comment