Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Five // Confessions

This post is going to be pretty real and pretty full of my emotion. I try my best not to whine and complain on the blog as, honestly, I just want to remember the good times in life. I hope that doesn't come across as fake on my part, but who really wants to hear that I had a bad day? We all have them, get over it it kind of thing. That being said, its been a pretty awful week here for me, and my stress levels are somewhere near, if not past, the roof. I honestly believe God will not give you more than you can handle and, according to how this week has been, He believes I can handle a whole lot. This week has had me on my hands and knees praying to God for strength, comfort, healing, and forgiveness. It's been a hard week, but seeing that He's helped me through it, I know I can carry on without any doubt that He wasn't beside me the whole time.

{1} I could confess to you that I'm disappointed Ethan didn't get into the Fall 2014 Semester for the Physical Therapy Assistant program. We did all we could do. We got his application in early, had an outstanding Recommendation letter, and even follow-up phone calls, yet he still didn't get in, BUT I know God has bigger plans for us.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proverbs 16:9 ESV The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

{2} I could confess to you that I'm irritated that the transmission and radiator in Ethan's truck is shot and we have to pay roughly $5,200 to fix it. And to think we were thisclose to paying off our last credit card, BUT I have a God that can supply all my needs.
Philippians 4:19 KJV But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Matthew 6:25-34 ESV Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these
{3} I could confess to you that after nearly 3 weeks, I'm sick and tired of having pink eye. I've seen my primary doctor three times, my eye doctor two times, and been on 3 antibiotics, BUT I have a God that is the Great Physician.
Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Psalm 30:2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

{4} I could confess to you that I've been feeling depressed lately that our "future" plans, like getting me a new car and possibly a house, are delayed due to Ethan's truck, BUT I have a God who hears my needs.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

{5} I could confess to you that lately I've been yearning for a baby. I see what others have and it makes me so jealous. Ethan and I have a timeline for when we plan to start a family, but it feels like it'll never get here, BUT I have a God who knows when He wants me to become a mother and He's already formed my child.
Jeremiah 1:5 NIV Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
I know this post isn't my typical "happy 5," but these were things on my heart that I needed to share. I needed this, mostly for myself, to look back on when I feel like I can't take anymore. For when I'm irritated, for when I'm depressed, for when I'm jealous, for when I'm disappointed, for when I have any need - I have a God who stands there with me every step of the way.

Linked up with Lauren, Joy, Jennie, and Liz.

1 comment: