Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Here's to losing a few..

So over the past year I've gained about 15 pounds. Yes, it sucks to admit that, but yes, it happened. I've actually gained and lost these same 15 pounds since I've been married. My highest weight was 163 pounds and at 5'5" that's a little chunky. Not so much that I'd consider myself "fat," but enough that I'm not comfortable in my own skin.

Insert the diet bet.


Myself, my mom, my sister-in-law, her two friends and her mom, my pastor's wife and her daughter are all competing against each other to see who can lose the most percentage of body weight in one month. The rules are simple. Eat right, exercise, no diet pills. We started by weighing in April 1, 2014, and we'll finish the competition on May 1, 2014. It's a solid month of watching our calories, working out extra hard, and drinking more water than a camel. At least those are my plans for the next month.


Oh, did I mention we all threw in $25 to make the victory a little sweeter? 1st place gets $125, 2nd place gets $50, and 3rd place gets $25. Momma needs her hair did, so this girl is going to try her hardest to win that 1st place.


My ultimate goal for this competition is to make my friends and loved ones more aware of being healthy and eating healthy. 100 bucks is great, but living and feeling awesome is even better! Hopefully we'll all adopt better lifestyle changes through this diet bet and continue to keep some of the habits we make during the next month. My healthy habits I hope to pick up are early-morning workouts and drinking more water. I also hope to lose 10-15 pounds. I know that's a lot for one month, but if I'm consistent and lost 2-3 pounds a week, that's an easy 8-12 pounds.

I'll update again next Wednesday with my results from the past week! I plan on including my daily workout schedule, meal plans, and weight lost. Here's to a healthy start and lookin' good in that bikini!

6 comments:

  1. Oh you can do this!!! YOU GOT THIS! Since last January, I have lost 28 pounds (weighed 151, got down to 123!), but have gained 7 of those freakin pounds back this year! UGH! It.kills.me.so.bad. So I def want to lose those 7lbs!! It's so exciting when you hop on the scale & see that number drop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go! Losing 28 pounds is no joke! I was 160.2 when I weighed in yesterday! I'd love to get back to the low 130s!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the weight loss challenge! I've found that limiting carbs, especially for dinner has really helped keep the weight off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I purchased a month's supply of SlimFast from walmart.com, so I guess technically I'm doing their 3-2-1 Program, which is 3 snacks, 2 replacement meals (shake or bar), and 1 balanced meal. The replacement meals have a bit more sugar/carbs than I'd like (hindsight 20/20), but it's been nice making myself stick to a certain plan.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck to you in your challenge! I know a good challenge always makes me fight for it! You look fabulous already so it can only get better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Heaven knows I'm fighting for that moolah! Haha!

      Delete