Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hey Look // My Instagram Fails

I've found my new girl crush blog. Her name's Taylor and she's over at her blog here. If you want a good laugh every day, I'd totally recommend you follow her. Not in real life, that's creepy. You know what I mean.

She just posted her Top 10 Instagram Fails and it got me thinking of just how awful Instagram really is. Don't get me wrong, I totally love sharing and have the thrill of the "likes," but honestly 9 out of 10 things we share on IG are completely "who cares"-worthy. Case and point below. I present to you, "Hey Look! - A Collection of my Bad Instagrams."

{1} Hey look! I squat bro, do you? Not really, I'm pretty sure this was a one-time thing and that camera angle.. do you know how awkwardly I had to hold my phone to get that shot?


{2} Hey look! My dirty bathroom counter is just what you wanted to see right?! 


{3} Hey look! My desk at work is super messy and there's like paper everywhere! So obviously I'm nailing the career world because I'm just soo swamped and busy. Also, hash tags for the win.


{4} Hey look! My half eaten burrito. Sure your 1st time at Chipotle is IG-worthy, but were you that hungry that a half gnawed on burrito is what you decided to capture. Oh it is, right. Gotcha.


{5} Hey look! I drink coffee in a boring cup, but that little red straw and that filter that makes it look like I'm drinking milk really captures the moment.


{6} Hey look! I do laundry and here's a shot of my mismatched socks. There's a reason this picture got 0 likes.


{7} Hey look! I made a list! Bad idea on my part, like "oh, hey Mr. Burglar, if you were wondering just when I wouldn't be home so you could rob me, here it is!"


{8} Hey look! I'm crafy! As in, I can stick stickers on paper and call it art. Thanks, Pinterest, for making us all feel like little Picasos.

{9} Hey look! I get mail! This terrible dim and grainy picture is not made better by the fancy dots and frame. It probably would've been better to show you what's in the boxes.. hindsight.


{10} Hey look! I have cats and they're my furbabies! Ok #sorrynotsorry. Any picture of my boys are totally IG-worthy! ;)


How's your IG account looking? If you're like me, you can either delete nearly half of your account or make a little fun out of it. I'd love to see your bad Instagrams. Mostly to let me know I'm not the only one that sucks at Instagram.

Also, I'm linking this post up with Liz @ Fitness Blondie for her Hump Day Blog Hop!

5 comments:

  1. But when your posting them it feels like something you need to share! I totally get it. I do it on my blog too. Plus, if you read the captions, there was a reason you were sharing. :) It's still easy (and funny) to look back and say, "What was I thinking?!?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I'll keep sharing my bad IGs, don't worry world! haha

      Delete
  2. Funny concept! No one likes me Instagram stuff so would that mean my whole account is a fail? Hehe.
    I'm hosting a swap that promotes mental health awareness. Stop by and check it out! I hope you'll consider signing up.
    Cute blog! Found you through the Hump Day link up!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me. buy instagram followers instant delivery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! buy instagram followers paypal

    ReplyDelete