Monday, April 28, 2014

I Love a Good Weekend

Just like that new Rascal Flatt's song "Rewind," I totally wish I could rewind to 5:01 p.m. on Friday. This whole weekend was so much fun and I'd do it all over again!

Friday night me and Ethan did our usual thang and hit the mall.  Pretty much only so he could get mall sushi, which is his favorite. Yes, we drove 30 minutes to the mall just so he could get sushi. Spoiled much? ;)   We didn't really do a lot of shopping, but he did get golf balls and I got my kicks! (Yup, I'm totally still addicted to ShopKick! Download the app here!)

Saturday morning Ethan had a 6:52 a.m. tee time. He's cray. I had a 6:52 a.m.-still-sleeping-in-bed time. Although come 8:45ish I was up and ready to go. It was one of those mornings where I would've slept till 11, but nope.. for some reason I was up and at 'em!

So.. what do you do on a Saturday morning when you're up too early? I got some clothes folded, the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, and a good cardio sesh in on the elliptical. Basically rocked the ish outta that morning.

Taylor came over around the same time Ethan got home and we headed over to Sidelines for a quick lunch. I was so good and ordered grilled shrimp and broccoli, but I can't say I was that good when it came to dinner at a Chinese buffet later on in the day. Oops.. come on, Katie, jump right back on that diet train! After lunch we headed to the pool for a quick tanning sesh.  Ethan was the only one crazy enough to actually get in the pool.

{My Hottie}

{Rockin' our monogrammed hats from The Turnip Seed on Etsy!}
{Use code "macarthurlately" for 10% your order!}

After getting sun kissed, we all cleaned up and let Taylor play realtor for us while we looked at the Parade of Homes. The parade is something Ethan has looked forward to since we went last year and this year was a little more exciting to me since we're actually starting to look into buying a new house soon(ish). We started in what we could afford, to what was thisclose to being able to afford, to the "if we win the lottery we could afford this" category. Let me tell you, the "thisclose" category is depressing and it kind of irked me to look at the houses that were just a little too nice for us. Currently looking into which organ I could sell on the black market. #kidding #kinda

All-in-all the Parade was a ton of fun and I'm glad we went. It was fun to pretend which child's room it would be and how we'd arrange our furniture.  I've still got my heart set on a specific plan and neighborhood we looked at and you better believe I've started praying for God  to open doors for us now!



{Note to self: Self, make sure you coordinate your FSU banner with your shutters one day. I looks super cute!}

{Totally could DIY this!}

{You had me at Mason jars & paper straws}

{This. This is a laundry room, people, that is bigger than my bedroom. Need. Yes, need.}


Quick funny story about this picture.  Clearly I'm trying to be a good blogger and get pictures of my weekend to share.  Well, I guess not everyone understands that. So when me and Taylor were posing by the sign, I heard this older man say to his wife mockingly, "hey, you want a picture by the sign too?!" Umm.. excuse me, Sir, but it's for the blog and if you blogged you'd totally get it. Ok, that story was much funnier in my head, but you get the idea! haha

{Love the different tile hidden behind the shower curtain}

{One day Ethan will totally DIY this for me!}

{This looks so easy to DIY with cork!}

{Catching a buggy ride back to the car after walking the giant neighborhood}

The Parade was a blast and I had a great time looking at all the houses with Ethan and Taylor. Ethan and I even went again on Sunday to check out some houses closer to my parents. If you want to see more of the Parade, check out my bestie Taylor's blog and you'll see tons more photos of the actual houses and decor.  After looking at my pictures I realized I only took DIY-style pics, but she nailed it with capturing just how gorgeous these houses really were!


{Linking up with Bella and Lisa for their Weekend Recap!}

{Linking up with Molly and Carly for #fundaymonday}

{Linked up with Rachel and Lisa}

{Linking up with Carylee}

14 comments:

  1. I'm loving that new Rascal Flatts song by the way! haha Glad your weekend was fabulous and happy Monday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I was tech-savvy enough to include it! Haha then everyone could have it stuck in their heads! :)

      Delete
  2. Your weekend sounds like fun! LT and I like to walk in neighborhoods and then look at the houses and dream of one-day-when-we-win-the-lottery-we-never-play! LOL! Have an amazing week! Popping in from Weekend Recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by! And yes about the lottery we don't play, but should because I need one of these houses! lol

      Delete
  3. Those homes are beautiful! Love the laundry room! Looks like a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a blast and I totally recommend it if you've got something like it near you!

      Delete
  4. Looking at those homes seems like fun and you get a better idea of what you'll be looking for yourself one day. I'd love to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check paradeofhomes.com to see if there is one by you! :)

      Delete
  5. That parade looks so fun! I can see why you want to do the weekend over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait till next year when we actually can do it all over again!

      Delete
  6. That house is really pretty! I totally cracked up about the older guy asking to take a pic by the sign too! I was on vaca this weekend and took a pic of our breakfast and refrigerator while we were there (I'll post that tomorrow) and one of the guys was scrolling thru my pics and asks WTH was that about? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he was being so sarcastic. Cracked me up.. if he only knew! Should've gotten a picture of him and his wife for the blog! Haha!

      Delete
  7. House hunting/looking is so much fun! It's the packing and moving that I hate! But these are great inspiration photos - hope you find your dream home soon (ish!) You girls are adorable - and no - no one without a blog will understand the importance of photo documentation!! Thanks for linking up! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I've already started the dreaded packing process. I think if I start now, as in throwing junk away before it's time, then maybe I'll survive. Maybe ;) Thanks for checking me out!

      Delete