Monday, April 7, 2014

Ooo Baby, Baby! // Weekend Recap

{Friday night} I spent the better part of Friday night shopping for two baby showers I had on Saturday. I could get lost for days looking at the baby section of Target. Obsessing over the tiny shoes and little denim jeans. Anything with a cat on it and I'm done!

{Nautical.. it gets me every time!}

Once I got home I hit the gym for a little cardio session and then tried my hand at come calligraphy for the gift bags. I'm terrible at remember to buy cards so I had to know which bag was which!


{Saturday} I woke up bright and early to head to Baby Shower #1 for Kayla and her baby girl Charlee.




After Kayla's shower I made a pit stop to my mom's house to hang out until Baby Shower #2 for Rachel and her baby girl Evelynne.




I totally blew my diet at this baby shower. Chelsea did an amazing job with the decor and food. You can't really see them in my picture, but to the left of the table are French Macarons, aka heaven in your mouth. I had 3, and therefore don't have any willpower when it comes to those little cookies!


{Tired legs after an hour of cardio to pay for my cookies}
{Sunday} Ethan and I went to church as usual. The message was for me and I really enjoyed it. I don't talk a lot about my emotions on this blog, but I was having a really bad day emotionally and I felt God pull me out of my funk. Some days are worse than others, but I know Ethan and I are working towards our goals. After church, we drove around the area of town we'd like to live in and looked at houses that were for sale. 

After our Sunday drive, we went back to my parent's house for a Sunday nap. #cliche

Sunday night we didn't go back to church. Ethan wanted to get our grocery shopping and his workout in before it got too late. We got our little errands done (minus his workout.. shame shame) and settled in by watching our favorite show that's finally back for Season 4! Game of Thrones!

How was your weekend? I'm linked up with Dateless in Dallas and Showered with Design for their Weekend Recap!




6 comments:

  1. The Target baby/kids section is dangerous for me as well. I try to avoid that section like crazy because my favorite cousin has 3 small children (under a year to 6) & I will try to buy everything if I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally have a reason to look there, but one day I know it will be a huge problem! Actually, Target in general is a huge problem for me! Haha! I can't stay away!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'd do two hours on the elliptical for 3 more! Haha!

      Delete
  3. I love it when I have those Sundays where the message speaks straight to my heart. I know God is pulling my out of the hole I've dug for myself. He is SO good! Oh and the Target baby section? It's like a black hole I can never return from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He IS so good! I don't know why and how I could ever forget that, but I do!

      Delete