Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Fun

After Friday's post, I'm happy to report we've had a really good weekend. Even better that it was gorgeous and a 3-day weekend for myself.
 
{Thursday night} We hit up the 1st game of the finals for the Ice Flyers. It's so exciting that the Flyers made it to the finals again and since they freakin' killed the other team, hello 9-1 in hockey?!, they're on to Game 2 Saturday night in Columbus.
 
{My 5-min light curls - more on that later}
 
{We scored 3 goals in the first 2 1/2 minutes of the 1st quarter!}
 
{Friday Night} Like typical Ethan & Katie Friday night we hit up the mall, but at least this time we had other company. Ethan ate dinner at Moe's {I'm very strictly still on my diet, so I enjoyed my shake on the way to the mall} and then we met up with Taylor and my mom and sister. Good news! I did find my Easter dress at Belk! Sad news.. they didn't have my size, so we had one shipped from Mobile. Fingers crossed it fits and gets here before next Sunday!
 
{Saturday} The absolutely gorgeous day known as Saturday was spent by the pool with Taylor. Not a cloud in the sky and the sun was shining bright. For lunch we hit up Shaggy's and it was super yummy! Side note if you're on a diet and looking for something diet-friendly, don't order the side of veggies. They are drowned, soaked, and covered in butter. Basically amazing tasting, but not, definitely not, diet-friendly.
 
{Typical leg shot}

{Lunch with my bestie}


{Cute little play area for kids}

{Shaggy's boat "The Cheeseburger"}

{Fish Tacos. Heavenly and a diet killer}
 
Saturday night our boys won a back-to-back President's Cup. I'm so proud of our local team! I'm somewhat sad they won in Columbus, I would have loved to go to Game 3 on Sunday, but I'm glad the Flyers swept the Finals with a 5-1 victory! These are some shots my Grandma sent me!
 

 
 
{Sunday} Sunday's message at church really hit home for me. It was all about God using you despite your problems and that God never lets go of your hand. After this past few weeks, I needed it and it was so refreshing. Sunday afternoon was too beautiful not to come home and enjoy the beach.
 
{Diet-friendly-ish, "low carb" chicken sandwich from Hardee's}

{My private beach}

{Sunday evening snuggles with Jinxy}
 
Also, last night's episode of Game of Thrones was cuh-ray-zee! #nospoilers here, but if you haven't seen it, WATCH IT!
 
{Monday} Ethan and I both took the day off. I got up early to head to my hair appointment. It's been over 16 weeks, so it. was. time. to get these roots colored! Ginger gave me allover highlights with lowlights and I love how it turned out!
 
{Yup, still rockin' the glasses..}

{Lunch at Red Fish Blue Fish}

{Our waterfront view at lunch}
 
Lunch.. what can I say about RFBF. Basically, we've been once before and weren't super impressed with it, but decided to give it another go. Once again the food wasn't that great, the service wasn't that great {the waitress spilled half the dressing on my salad on my lap with only a "oh sorry"} and the food wasn't that great. We tried again, so I don't feel bad not going back again. I wish {not really} that me and Ethan were the kind of people that throw a fit and get free meals. We totally should've gotten comped my salad or at least a dessert that I could've turned down because of my diet.
 
Tonight I'm gonna hit the gym hard since tomorrow is weigh-in for Week 2 of Diet Bet! Wish me luck! I've only got about 2 weeks left!
 
How was your weekend? I'm linked up with Dateless in Dallas and Showered with Design for their Weekend Recap! Link up with them and make some new friends!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment