Thursday, May 1, 2014

Diet Bet // Final Weigh In

I have to say I'm super proud of all the ladies that participated in our diet bet. We kept up with each other through the month and helped and motivated each other with encouraging texts and funny diet-related pictures. All of us lost a few pounds and even better none of us gained weight this month!

I busted my booty this month and really stepped up my working out and eating right. I didn't document my meal plan this past week and a half, as it's been the same as the last three weeks. Slim fast meal replacement bars and shakes, lean meats and veggies. Cardio has been 6-7 times a week either running or the elliptical for 30-90 minutes depending on how much time I had.

My starting weight was 160.2 and my final weight was 146.8. That's a 13.4 lb weight loss! I didn't take measurements, so I'm not sure what my inches lost are. I have to say I feel healthier and I love it. This past month has been a real eye opener about getting healthy and losing weight. I looked at pictures just yesterday of me from March and it was ridiculous how round my face was! Now that I'm out of the 160s and the 150s, I never want to see those numbers on my scale again! {Unless I'm pregnant, then that's fine! ;)}

Starting May 2 I'm starting Month 2 of diet betting! My friend Mandy started a new diet bet for us. This one starts May 2 and will continue through May 29. You have to lose 4% of your body weight to win. Anyone in the group that loses 4% gets to split the pot. If you'd like to join, click here. It is a $25 buy in, but as long as you lose 4% of your body weight, you win your money back. I definitely recommend checking out the website and maybe starting a diet bet with your friends or coworkers!

And the moment you've all been waiting for {or not..} here's my final results pictures! Can't wait to see what I can accomplish in May!

{Funny story: I was actually disappointed when I read this weight this morning. I was looking to see something in the low 147s, so when I saw the .8 I thought I had gained weight. It took me a minute to get excited and realize, no you surpassed your goal!}


{I have hips again!}

{From R to L: Day 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4}

{This is 1 week's difference. I thought it was crazy I had change in just 1 week!}


If you'd like to go back and see my weekly weigh-ins and meal plans, here they are:


Since I am starting a new diet bet, I'll be keeping up with my weekly check ins! Not sure what day it'll be, but I like the idea of keeping up with the documenting. Hey, that's what a blog is all about right?! I've declared from today to May 5 {my actual birthday} as my birthday week, so until May 6 I'm going to just enjoy turning another year older! Here's to sushi, fun fetti cake, and lots of other desserts in my near future! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment