Friday, May 2, 2014

Finally It's Friday // Its Been One Hellva Week

To say this was a rough week would be the understatement of the century.  Ok, maybe that's taking it a little too far, but for me, it's been a bad one. From having my maturity called into question over a question to the storms that devastated my hometown to having to work late and double shifts all week to cover the phones from this devastation, I. Am. Tired. So tired, in fact, I could sit and just cry. I'd say cry for no reason, but I have plenty of reasons.


{1} Monday was fine. My boss had been off the Thursday and Friday before and your girl kicked all projects in the butt and got them done!  Quite proud of myself for being able to handle the office without a hitch.

{2} Tuesday was a Board Meeting night and I expected to stay late as usual.  What I wasn't expecting was to be bunkered down awaiting word of forming tornadoes in the area I was in, not knowing if I'd be staying the night at work or in my own bed. Little did I know of the devastation that would occur that night from this freak storm. Thankfully I did make it home around 9:30 after being at work since 8 a.m.

{3} Wednesday morning I get a call from work saying we're closed and to not come in. The devastation I saw again and again all day long on my news feed was enough to break someone. Although our offices were closed I was called in to work the phones in the citizens' information center. The phone calls I got from people who had lost everything were heartbreaking. I heard story after story of damage, loss, destruction, and even death. I worked till 11 p.m. My heart was heavy and my mind was blank once I finally got off. Wednesday was a bad dream I couldn't wake from. My poor, poor Pensacola has a long road ahead of us.

{4} Thursday morning I thought would be good. I felt good about the final weigh-in for our diet bet and was actually excited to see everyone's final numbers. I won't go into it all, but it was awful and I had the worst morning because of it all. I truly believe in treating others the way you want to be treated and that was not the case for me. So after a terrible morning, I get to work to find out that there was an explosion at our County Jail and that I would be required to report back to the Emergency Operation Center for another shift on the phones. If you thought hearing heartbreaking stories of homes lost is bad, try telling someone that their loved one is "not on your list" and you can only take their name and number for them to be contacted at a later time. I heard tears and sobs, wives not knowing if their husbands are ok, children asking how their fathers are, and I couldn't tell them more than "yes, they're ok" or "ma'am, I need to take your name and number." I hope you can read between the lines there. I finally called it quits a little after 8:15. I couldn't take anymore heartbreak.

{5} Thankfully I have today off. My husband and I plan to make a day trip out to Destin, go shopping at my favorite store Forever 21, eat at my favorite steakhouse Longhorn's, and just have a day celebrating my {early} birthday and a day just for us.

I'm completely confident that my weekend will be 110% better than my week. Its been a long one and I'm ready to move on. I've got dinner planned with my parents, grandparents, and I foresee some funfetti cake in my near, near future. Hope you had a better week than me! Don't feel sorry for me though. Life happens and it makes us the person we're meant to be. Just please, if you get a second, say a prayer for Pensacola. We need it about now.

Linking up with Lauren, Rebecca, Liz, Jennie, Amanda, Joy, and Paula.
Link up too and make some new friends! :)






8 comments:

  1. So sorry your town was hit so hard. :( I'm in Nashville and we thought for a while that it was going to get us but the worst of the storms stay slightly south. It seems like everyone has had a rough week. That just means next week can only be AWESOME.

    -Jackie
    http://ournashvillelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you guys came out ok in the storms too!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the explosion :(. I hope your day today was awesome! How can you beat Forever 21 & steak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I am so sorry to hear about your town! Please keep us updated! Oh and on a side note I want to see your F21 scores! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a couple cute tops and some accessories! I'll try to include them for your linkup!

      Delete
  4. Hope your weekend turned out better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Moly! It definitely was a better weekend!

      Delete