Monday, May 26, 2014

Life Lately

So it occurred to me that I have blogged in a week, which in the world of "life" posts isn't that crazy for me.  It's not like I'm one of those bloggers that has scheduled posts for a week. Although, for a minute there I was getting pretty good. It's been a good week! I had last Monday off and spent the day with my Mom for a belated Mother's Day.  You couldn't have asked for a prettier day. Light breeze, sun shinin' perfection.

{My little friend from Monday}
 
 
Tuesday me and Ethan actually spend the evening together. Which is a big deal for us since we normally don't have weeknights together very often. I planned on making a nice dinner for us, but ended up making banana bread and we may or may not have only eaten fresh banana bread for dinner. Ah, the life of an adult.
 
 
Wednesday night I did something big and applied for a new job! It's a Director's Aide position in a different Department in the County. It'd be a huge promotion for me and I really, really hope and pray I get it, but if I don't, I'm confident that it's not where the Lord wants me and He has bigger and better plans for me!
 


{Application submitted on the 1st try! Haha}
 
 
Thursday I woke up feeling like complete junk. I have a weak stomach and am used to being nauseated, but man, I wanted to call in sick so bad, but since it was a "proofing" week at work and we were swamped, I just couldn't do that to our office.  I got a lot done work-wise on Thursday, but it was a long, miserable day.
 
I met up with Mom, Hannah, and Grandma for dinner.  Hannah's last day of school was Thursday and it's tradition for us to stay out at Grandma's beach house the weekend after school gets out.  We ate at Aegean Breeze in Gulf Breeze and I was not impressed. Maybe it's because I felt like junk still, but it just wasn't that great.  Afterwards we went to Marble Slab for dessert.  I totally should've skipped dinner and headed straight for the dessert. The cold ice cream felt soo good on my upset stomach, which I probably completely opposite of what I should've eaten, but it worked for me.
 
Friday was 100 times worse. I was up Friday morning from midnight to 4 a.m. tossing and turning and running to the bathroom thinking I was going to be sick. I finally fell asleep around 4:30, but when Ethan got up at 6, I was back up again super sick.  I ended up calling to work.  I felt terrible for doing so, but I couldn't take 2 steps without thinking I was going to die. I spent most of the day laying on the couch, feeling like death and watching the cats play. Wild and crazy times.
 
 
Saturday morning I still felt like junk, but figured I could at least feel like junk and get a tan. It was a gorgeous day and I really didn't want to waste another day inside. So, I packed my Sprite and saltines and spent the day with Mom and Hannah at the beach.  We watched stingrays play in the surf for hours.

{Sick, but the beach is the best medicine!}

{Gorgeous Day!!}

{Pods of Stingrays surfing the waves}


{Mom & Hannah}

{Hannah, Mom & Me}

 
 
Saturday night we went to dinner at Ethan's sister's house.  Ethan's parents were in town for the holiday weekend.  It's so good to see them and I'm so happy they've moved back to Florida.  Ethan and I are already planning a trip to Orlando to see them soon!  I think we'll definitely go to Islands of Adventure and Universal. I can't wait to see the new additions to Harry Potter World!


{It's officially summer time! Shaken Ice Tea Lemonade!}

{Niko not happy he can't play with the big kids}

{Uncle Ethan teaching the big kids how to golf}


{Lucy Loo}
 
The best news this week is that I have another niece or nephew on the way! Congrats to my sister-in-law Emily on her 2nd baby!  Niko's going to be a big brother in January!!
 
 
Sunday was church. Brother Jason preached a good message that encouraged a lot of us.  I kind of mentioned before that my church was/is going through a hard time.  We as a church have really bonded together the last two weeks and, while we still have a long road ahead of us, we're going to make it. With God, anything is possible.
 
 
Today is Memorial Day and I want to thank all the brave service men and women who have given their lives for our great Country! I know the holiday is not about 3-day weekends, parties and bbq's, but I thankful I can have those things because of some that gave it all.
 
We did spend the day at the Neese's house cooking out and playing in the pool.  We had smoked chicken, potato salad, baked beans, and deviled eggs. Basically your typical cook-out menu! After lunch we all played in the pool.

 
So I'm not sure why my phone does this, but I do not make these GIFs. They just kind of "show up"!

{Crazy Kid - Cole}
 
 
{Mom, Hannah & Dad}

{Ethan & Shiloh}

{Josh trying to pop the float.. the guys favorite game they played for. ever.}

{Dad.. this float was teeny tiny, but he thought he could dive thru it.. Umm. It got stuck}

{Pencil Dive to remove the tube}

{Josh did, however, fit through the tube!}

{I think Ethan made it thru..}

{Jason chicken out last minute}


{I spy with my little eye, a football}

{Absolutely perfect day with my family and friends}
 

 
So now, it's Monday night and I've got those Monday night blues. It's been such a wonderful weekend and I'm just not ready to go back to work.  I am thankful I feel better and would much rather go to work feeling good than repeat how I felt on Friday. Yuck. I'm trying to tell myself that it's a short week and it'll be the weekend again before I know it. Oh summer time, how I love you.
 
How was your weekend? I'd love to hear about your weekend in the comments below! Also, I promise I'm working on some things for the blog that aren't posted on Friday or Monday, haha! Gotta love those link-ups!  Speaking of, I'm linked up with all my Monday party people!  Check them out and make some new friends!
 
{Lisa and Bella}

{Molly & Carly}




2 comments:

  1. Well you are a trooper for having such a full week and feeling blah! Glad you're feeling better! Good luck with the job! And PS I have never eaten at that reataurant but I just love Gulf breeze! I've had to visit a view times for work and so sad that my project is done and I can't go anymore. The majority of my projects are in the cold states- including Toronto! So yeah. Jealous of your beach life! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you commented for-ev-er ago, but the good news about being a procrastinating-commenter-backer? I can update you! I got the job!! :) Oh, and small world that you've been to my little Gulf Breeze! What kind of work did you do here? And you should totally visit again soon, it's still as gorgeous as ever!

      Delete