Monday, May 5, 2014

What'd I Do This Weekend?

So I'll start off by saying my weekend was much better than my week.  I had Friday off and spend the whole day with my hottie of a husband. We drove over to Destin and enjoyed eating at one of our favorite restaurants Longhorns. I absolutely love their strawberry & chicken salad.


{Sign up for their emails and get a free dessert on your birthday!}

After lunch Ethan dropped me off in my own slice of heaven, Forever 21. The store is Destin isn't the biggest or the best, but when you're limited with your F21s, you take what you can get. I got a couple cute tops and some accessories. I absolutely love being able to get a pair of earrings that look just like the ones I've been eyeing from Stella & Dot for $1.80! I'll share all my finds later this week! :)

After we got home we both took a quick power nap before heading over to my Grandparent's house for dinner. It's somewhat our tradition to go to Ivy's for my birthday. It's mine and Grandpa's favorite little restaurant in Robertsdale. As always, I got the fried eggplant! I also got spoiled more than I deserve! Grandma got me a Michael Kors purse, a monogrammed 31 overnight bag, and a gorgeous pearl necklace!

{Blurry, but we convinced Grandpa that we needed McFlurries}
Saturday morning we woke up late and had Taylor and Colin over for some pool time! It was such a gorgeous day! We decided to be adventurous and eat at Frank & Lola's inside the Margaritaville hotel on the beach. The food was good, but it took nearly 2.5 hours from start to finish. It was graduation Saturday and apparently one large party of 15 made the kitchen go crazy. I would go back, but maybe on a cloudy day when I wouldn't care if I were missing the most beautiful day of the year.

{Hey, Ethan, can I borrow your phone? Why, Katie, to take a picture of your napkin you just arranged?}
{The things I do for my blog..}


{Enjoying some late afternoon sun on the balcony}

Saturday night we met my parents for dinner at The Fish House. {I hope by now you're catching on to the theme of my weekend. Spoiler alert: it was eating. That is all I did this weekend! ;)} My parents also did their fair share of spoiling and got me a monogrammed beach bag filled with beach goodies like a pool float, sunscreen, and a beach towel. Momma even surprised me with the cutest Dooney & Burke wristlet!

{Mom & Dad}

{The Jinga Roll - so good!}

{Famous Grits-a-Ya-Ya}

{My Love}

{You also get free dessert at Fish House for your birthday! Yea, buddy!}

After dinner with my parents we headed to O'Rilley's for a good-bye party. Brad and Chelsea are leaving our group of 10 and moving halfway across the US to Nevada. They are going to be a part of a church plant and I know they'll be great at their new church.  We'll miss them, but I know God has great things in store for them!


Sunday morning we headed to church. Lex gave me my birthday presents. I love the monogrammed tumbler {catching my other theme of my love of monograms?!} and macaron chapstick. Of course it wouldn't be a Lex present if it didn't include a little Bath & Body works! ;) Immediately after church we headed to Lucy's 2nd Birthday party. Birthday girl was running around with excitement and a sugar high the whole time! She did stop to blow out her candles and now understands the fun of birthdays! She was tearing open those presents like a pro! Happy 2nd Birthday, Loody Loo! Aunt Katie loves you very much!


{Showing Daddy her presents}


{Had some good chats with this cutie, Niko, about dinosaurs and his recent trip to the zoo}

{Such an animated talker!}

We spent Sunday afternoon eating funfetti cake and watching tv, basically your perfect Sunday afternoon. Ethan did plasti-dip his grill, which I supervised and took pictures of, naturally.

{When you don't have painter's tape, you use old cooking magazines. #redneckstyle}


 
{Begging him to take a selfie with me}

{So lucky to call him Mine} 


{The finished product}

Sunday night we went grocery shopping, got some take out from Panera, and watched GoT. All in all I had a perfect weekend and my only complaint is that it's over. I can't thank everyone enough for all my birthday goodies. I'm one loved girl and I don't think I know exactly how blessed I am!

Link-ups


{Linking up with Molly and Carly for #fundaymonday}

{Linking up with Rachel and Lisa}

{Linking up with Carylee}

{Linking up with Bella and Lisa}


12 comments:

  1. Aren't birthday weekends the best?! I'm glad you had such a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that disney cake looks DELISH! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A lady in my sister-in-law's church made it all! I was so impressed and it tasted just as good as it looked!

      Delete
  3. I didn't include it in my wrap up but we ended up at Longhorn this weekend too. The food is always so good and the staff is great. Happy birthday and I fingers crossed that all the storms have died down.

    All the best!
    -Jackie
    http://ournashvillelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! We didn't get any rain, which was a blessing!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! That brownie looks like one they sell at Bravo's. yumm. Cute post! :)

    I want to invite you to enter my blog's #HopeForMoms Giveaway (total giveaway valued at $810!) All you have to do is write a #HopeForMoms status which will be shared with mom survivors of human trafficking through International Princess project. :D Check out more details at my blog!

    God bless,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ate as many desserts as I could to make up for getting another year older! lol

      Delete
  5. Looks liek you had a really fun weekend! Score with the free desserts! You two are such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brianne! It was the best birthday weekend a girl could ask for!

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a great weekend! I drooled over all the food and the cooking magazines cracked me up - so awesome!
    Thanks for linking up! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's how you do it in the country! ;) Thanks for hosting such a great linkup!

      Delete