Monday, June 23, 2014

A Very Late Weekend Recap

If you were sitting on the edge of your seat for my weekend recap, I apologize.  I apologize for being oh-so-late to update and I apologize that I didn't take quite as many pictures as I should have.  Basically I'm starting this week out {late} and as a bad blogger. Oops!

So let's get recapping!  Friday night my mom and sister spent the night out at the condo with us.  I'd love to say we stayed up painting each other nails and eating cookie dough like a real sleep over, but let's be real and say that me and mom watched YouTube videos on my tablet while Ethan and Hannah {little sister} took turns playing Call of Duty.  We did do a 9:30 p.m. junk food run, which isn't on my diet, but again, let's be honest with this whole "diet" thing.  {Read: I suck at dieting.}

Saturday morning we go up, enjoyed coffee and breakfast on the balcony and just enjoyed the morning.  Ethan got up early to play golf, so it was just us girls.  We headed down to the pool and did a little tanning.  There was a pregnant girl laying out and me and Mom couldn't help but day dream that next summer that could be me!  She was 6 months along and looked so cute.  Oh how I can hardly wait to sport my own little bump.

Saturday evening we headed over to Carol's house to celebrate her wedding and have a backyard reception!  There were ribs and sausages and all the side a bbq could offer.  The kids {and me for a hot second} played in the bouncy house while the adults talked. 

{Photos by Aunt Allie}

{Photos by Aunt Allie}

{Photos by Aunt Allie}


After the cookout we headed back to Mom and Dad's house to stay the night.  We watched the Skeleton Key.  If you haven't seen it, it's on Netflix and it's probably my favorite scary movie!  Sunday morning we got up and headed to church.  Even being only 10 minutes away from church, instead of 50 when we're at home, we were still late! lol  Punctuality has never been my expertise.

After church we ate at Vallartes, again.. what diet?!  It was soo good and I could eat chips and salsa every day of my life. Yum! Afterwards me and Ethan checked out a couple of neighborhoods and then headed back to Mom and Dad's to hang out until night church.  We watched some of the US vs. Portugal game before heading to church.  We missed the crazy ending, but I'm glad at least we tied them.  I don't really get in to soccer {excuse me.. football} except when World Cup rolls around.

I had Monday off, so I spend the morning cleaning the house and doing laundry.  I told Ethan I make an excellent stay-at-home wife. He laughed, I was serious.  I also met up with my Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Aunt Wanda {who was visiting from Mississippi} for lunch at Cracker Barrel.  This time I was actually good at had a grilled chicken salad. I also worked out! 

I'm "officially" back on the diet band wagon as of today.  I need to lose another 10 pounds before I get pregnant and I'd really like to look good on our cruise we're going on in October! So, if a baby and a cruise can't motivate me, I don't know what will?!  Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!  I'm already looking forward to the next weekend {like always..} because my cousins from Mississippi are coming in to visit! :)

Linking up late with my favorite Monday buddies ~ Biana, Molly, Carly, Carylee, Rachael, Lisa, Bella, and Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. I'm visiting my mom and brother this weekend who are out of state and this post makes me super excited for it! Any family time is fun, even if it involves Call of Duty :) Thanks for linking up!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete