Monday, June 16, 2014

Anniversary Weekend in Mobile

Coming home from vacation is always hard, even if the vacation is a one-night stay in a city barely an hour away from you. Ethan and I just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary last Thursday, but had plans to getaway to Mobile for the weekend for a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant Ruth's Chris and some sightseeing and shopping. {If you're wondering what our actual-day-of anniversary plans were, well it consisted of eating Firehouse Subs and watching the NBA Finals. #romantic}

Friday morning we woke up late, ate breakfast, got packed and headed out to Mobile.  We stopped at the Malbus shopping center, which Ethan was not impressed with.  Probably because the first store I dragged him in to was Charming Charlie, a ginormous costume jewelry store, and spent about 30 minutes perusing 800 different styles of earrings. Oops.

We got to the hotel right around check-in time, but circled the building because we were unsure about parking. One thing about Mobile traffic/streets is that they are crazy. We ended up driving down a one-way street for a really long time without realizing it. Bad thing is we had a car behind us doing the same thing!


{Main lobby of the hotel}

We stayed at the Battle House Renaissance Hotel and it was gorgeous! We checked in and headed to our room and afterwards took a tour of the hotel to kill time before going to dinner.  I wish we could have stayed at least a few days because the hotel had tennis courts, a spa, a practice golf area, a hot tub, and a couple pools, not to mention a couple of restaurants and a bar in the hotel!

{Me & Hubs}

{Panoramic of our room}

{King-sized Bed, super comfy, but "too big" IMO. I couldn't even tell if Ethan was in bed with me!}


{Because it's normal to check directions while checking out the tub}

{Tennis Courts}

{View of Downtown Mobile}

{Pool}

{Two Pools & a Hot tub}


We lounged around the pool area before heading back to our room to get ready for dinner. Luckily Ethan was able to get our 7:30 reservations at Ruth's Chris moved up to 6:45 because we were starving! Apparently waffles for breakfast and then a frap from Starbucks will not hold you over all day. We got ready and headed to dinner!

{Car Selfies because I made him}

We started our meal with a fried lobster appetizer with spicy sriracha sauce. It was amazing! We both ordered steak, Ethan got the Rib eye and I got the Fillet and we shared two sides, mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. RC's creamed spinach is seriously amazing. Next time and forever, I will always get the creamed spinach. It was that good!  And because it was our anniversary, we got a dessert on the house! We chose the White Chocolate Bread Pudding, which was like a traditional bread pudding except it had no raisins and instead of rum sauce on top it had a {you guessed it..} white chocolate sauce. We were both so stuffed that we had to get the dessert to go, but don't worry, I finished it in bed while watching the World Cup/Stanley Cup.

{Celebrating our 4th Wedding Anniversary at Ruth's Chris}

Saturday morning we ate breakfast at Spot of Tea, a local restaurant famous for their strawberry sweet tea. Side note on tea in Alabama (at least Mobile), it's not sweet. They don't serve "sweet tea." I thought this was the South - Home of sweet, sweet iced tea. Ok, rant over.  Spot of Tea was really good. Ethan ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwhich and I ordered an omelette. Wish I would have ordered their Banana's Foster French Toast, but it sounded too rich for how I was feeling. I did order their famous strawberry sweet tea {the only tea they serve sweetened} and it was really good.


{I'd totally recommend eating at Spot of Tea}

{Park in Downtown Mobile}

{Scenic walk back to our hotel}

Sadly, after breakfast we had to get back to the hotel to check out.  I wish we would have had more time because there was a local festival happening right across the street from Spot of Tea. I would have loved to check it out, but we weren't sure how strict the hotel was on their 11 a.m. check-out time. We got our stuff, called valet for our truck, and bid farewell to our beautiful room. The rest of the day was spent shopping. Ethan so graciously let me spend too much time in my favorite store Forever 21. I got a couple tops and the cutest beach cover up romper, which I featured here back in April! I was so excited to have found it! Ethan hates it, but that's beside the point. We thought shopping a couple of hours would work up an appetite for some Chipotle, but at 3 we still weren't hungry and we were ready to go home.  We did get Chipotle to go and ate it for a late lunch/super early dinner.

{Chipotle, I will be back to see you!}

We decided to go straight to my parent's house after our trip.  We planned to stay the night with them for church the next morning, so it didn't make sense to drive back to the beach to turn around back to Cantonment when we'd pass Cantonment first. No one was home so me and Ethan ate our linner/dunch and took a nap. After we woke up Ethan wanted to go to our mall to see if the sunglasses he'd wanted {and searched for all weekend} were available. Unfortunately they glasses weren't at our mall or anywhere around town, so he had to order them online. I did, however, find a super cute swimsuit at Old Navy for 50% off!

Our little getaway for our anniversary was spent doing exactly what me and Ethan love to do - spending time together. We have such a good relationship and I'm so thankful I have him in my life to spend time with. I'm already daydreaming about our next little getaway! If anyone has any suggestions for a quick trip not too far away from Pensacola, please let me know! Linking up with Biana, MollyCarlyCaryleeRachaelLisaBella, and Lisa

14 comments:

  1. What a fun getaway to celebrate your anniversary! Spot of Tea sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little getaway and happy 4th anniversary!! The hotel lobby is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Looks like such a fun getaway! Chipotle is amazing! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your getaway looked beautiful! And I think Spot of Tea has officially gone on my restaurant bucket list thanks to this post! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katie! I've never been to Mobile, but it looks like you had an amazing time! Congrats on 4 years of marriage! I love the dress you wore to dinner! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier... I'm glad you liked my bags I put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hotel looks so gorgeous & that dinner sounds AMAZING!! Happy anniversary you two are a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful getaway! Happy anniversary to you and your husband. Getting back from a trip is never fun for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like y'all had a great getaway. You two making a great looking couple! My mouth is watering thinking about that bread pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great weekend!!

    cute blog you have,too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th Anniversary! Your hotel looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome anniversary trip! And OMG Ruth's Chris is one of our fave places also! That lobster app changed our lives! Ha! And the sweet potato casserole. Seriously. If you haven't tried it, you must!! Thanks for linking up!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet weekend. I had no idea Mobile was so gorgeous! And Ruth's Chris is fantastic! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete