Friday, June 27, 2014

Five on Friday // An Assortment of My Week

Woohoo! Friday is finally here and I'm doing my Friday dance! This past week was a royal pain in my you-know-what and I'm so glad to have it finally behind me!  I know living for the weekend is bad, but come on, the weekends are 100 times better than weekdays!  And all God's people said, "Amen."

Let's get down to it, here's my five for the LAST Friday of June! (Holy cow.. let that sink in!)

{1} I did start my week off right with a day off. I know, I just complained about how hard this week was and it was only a 4-day work week, but for real.. you'd be surprised what all can be packed in 4 short days.  Anyways, back to my Monday, had the day off and spent it with my family. The weather was crap, so I went to lunch with my Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Aunt at Cracker Barrel, then did some Sam's Club shopping with my mom.

{2} Been working on my fishtail braiding skills. Anyone have any good tips on fishtail braids? I think I need to grab smaller pieces to get a better look. Regardless, I'm proud as heck that I, little miss I only straighten my hair on days that end in Y, actually tried a new hair style.


{3} I got fabulous news this week that I get to be the "photographer" for a bachelorette party in New Orleans come February! Basically going to be a party crasher under the guise of a photographer. Hey, whatever it takes to get a trip to NO, because hubs is not interested in going and I so am! Better brush up on my photog skillz.

{4} How's about a little update on the boys. Jinx decided to give me kitty cuddles this week, which are few, far between, and rare. Two seconds after I took this picture and sent it to my hubs, he obviously got annoyed at my obsessive picture taking to document the *moment* and let me for the empty love seat. Oh well, it was amazing while it lasted.

{Can you tell I'm excited?!}

Jerry has decided that the top of our hamper is now his bed. The only problem is he's huge and bends the top, making it almost impossible to wedge the lid back to its normal spot. Hence the clothes surrounding the hamper and not in the hamper.

{Tubs..}

{5} Saw this picture on Facebook this week. This. Is. Me. Everyday. #nopantsparty

{Ok, minus the butt scratches.. I am a lady.}

{6} BONUS - Big girl got back in the gym this week. I managed to make it twice since Monday. I have got to get my motivation back. Hello, cruise in t-minus 3ish months.


Linking up with Ash @ The Grits Blog, Lauren @ The Lauren Elizabeth, Paula @ Sincerely, Paula, Rebecca @ xoxo Rebecca, April @ A. Liz. Adventure, Amanda @ Meet @ the Barre, and Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife.

10 comments:

  1. I need to learn how to fishtail braid. Yours look so scute! I like that your cat's name is Jinx. He even looks like Jinxy cat from Meet the Parents!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that hard, kinda. You separate your hair in to 2 sections, take turns taking pieces from the outside of one section and cross it over to the other section, continue until done. Clear as mud? lol It took my 13-year old sister teaching me to get it lol.

      And my Jinxy cat was named after Meet the Parents' Jinx! We're cleaver ones, me and the hubs, so original ;)

      Delete
  2. I love your fishtail braid! I cannot braid any kind of braid! I guess it's good thing I am a mama to boys =)
    Come link up with me today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com
    -Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I did link up with you :) thanks for hosting! Thanks for stopping by my little 'ole blog!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving Jerry on the hamper. As a fellow crazy cat lady, I recognize that look on his face..."what? I want to sit here and you have to be okay with it." :) Too cute!!

    Visiting you back from the linkup! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he the cutest?! I think I'm going to have to get a thin board or something to support him {so he can enjoy his new throne, and I won't have my perfect sized hamper destroyed! lol}

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the weekend link party. Congratulations on the photog job in New Orleans! And gosh, a cruise would be all the motivation I need! ;-)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex! I know you would think the idea of parading around in a bikini for a week would make me step up my workout game.. but I do have some motivation back! Hubs and I have created a workout plan for this week and I'm sticking to it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Haha...I can totally relate to the #nopantsparty. I'm also looking to get some motivation back!!

    ReplyDelete