Thursday, June 12, 2014

Four Years after We Said I Do

In honor of our 4th wedding anniversary today, I'll be sharing a few of my favorite wedding photos.  All photos were taken by the talented Luker Smith of Luker Smith Photography.
 
{matches for the sparklers}
{Now let's get cheesy. "We're the perfect match" and "Our love is on fire!"}
 
Ethan and I got married June 12, 2010, on a hot, hot day outside at one of his favorite golf courses, Scenic Hills County Club.
 
{my handsome groom & myself playing the bride}
 
 
We got married under the pavilion that overlooks the course. I thought the covered pavilion with ceiling fans along with my personalized water bottles and program fans would make up for the fact is was literally 100 degrees. Nope. The ceremony was short and sweet and a quick 10 minutes later were marching back inside to enjoy the sweet, sweet air conditioning. Hind sight: get married in winter. Just kidding, for some oddball reason I've always wanted to be a "June Bride." Blame it on the bridal magazines I gobbled up as a child.
 
{my brother Dakota, Ethan's brother Andy, Ethan, John, & Aaron}

{Niece Mackenzie, Kate, Marissa, Katie ((me!)), my sister Hannah, Taylor, and Niece Zoee}
 
{I love little Hannah's face in this one}


{Photographer: ya'll act normal.}
 
Our reception was held in the ballroom of the country club. Just a little disclaimer, my wedding was pre-Pinterest. I absolutely love how everything turned out, but man, you brides out there planning weddings now with Pinterest have. it. made! I had to actually read magazines and stuff to come up with ideas!
 
{My favorite moment at a wedding is the Groom's 1st Look}

{And one of my first looks}
 
Our wedding party was made up of Taylor, my Maid of Honor and best friend, Andy, Best Man and Ethan's brother, Bridesmaids Marissa and Kate, Junior Bridesmaid Hannah, my sister, Groomsmen John, Aaron, and Dakota, my brother, and the flower girls were Ethan's nieces Mackenzie and Zoee.
 
{The pavilion, not as cool as it looks..}

{The 1st Kiss}

{The new Mr. & Mrs.}
{Also, the way he looks at me.. heart eyes forever}
 
My colors were black and white damask with pink accents. We had a buffet-style dinner and a fully-loaded candy bar for favors, along with a sparkler exit.
 
{Black & White Damask with Pink Accents}

{Those fish were actually super hardy and lived a couple years after the wedding}
 
{Head table}
 

{Cutting of the cake (which I was not impressed with..)}
 
{One of my favorite wedding pictures}

{This photo and Ethan's face explain our 1st Dance perfectly. It was awkward.}

{Father/Daughter Dance}

{Spoiler Alert: Marissa did, indeed, catch the bouquet.}

{Another favorite. I may or may not have it blown up pretty huge and proudly displayed in our living room}

{My brother's vintage car}


{Perfect ending to my perfect day}

{In the getaway car}
 
June 12, 2010, was the best day of my life. I married my true love and best friend. I highly, highly recommend marriage. It really is the best and there's nothing quite like it. Hope you all enjoyed a peek into my wedding. I know I enjoyed sharing it. And now I'm getting all nostalgic looking over the pictures again and again. Excuse me while I wipe my eyes, darn allergies. ;)

1 comment: