Monday, June 30, 2014

Good Morning, Monday!

Short week. Short week. That is what I'm going to keep reminding myself all week until I make it to Thursday at 5:01 p.m. I can do this, you can do this. Let's kick this week in the butt, but first, let's rewind to my weekend! :)

Friday we celebrated Doris' retirement! She's been with the County for 25 years and was my boss for almost 3 while I worked my first job with the County in the Clerk's Office. She's a wonderful lady and I hope retirement treats her well!


Friday night I had dinner at Olive Garden with Taylor to hear all about her trip to the Bahamas this past week with her husband. It sounded like she had a wonderful time and it made me even more excited for our group trip we have planned for this October! I filler her in with my latest baby news, work news, and such. Needless to say, her past week was 10xs better than mine! lol

After dinner, I met up with Ethan at a car dealership in town to test drive a Mazda CX-5. Oh. My. Gosh. I want this car. It rode like a dream, and even thought it's a small SUV, it "felt" no bigger than my current car. The car salesman came to us with an offer that was about $2k more than we're willing to spend, so we countered and we haven't heard back yet. There's some cosmetic problems with the car, so I really feel like they should come down. We're not going to fret over it, if it's God's will for that car to be mine, it'll happen. Maybe not this month or next, but I'll get a new car in God's timing. {I just really hope it's this one! Hello, sunroof, heated seats, and a backup camera. Can we say mommy car to the max?!}

Saturday was near perfect: sleeping in, wave runner riding, cookie eating, cousins hanging out and laughing, laying out, sun shining, perfect nap, and sushi. Just to mention a few of my favorite things.

{Enjoying some pineapple while getting some sun}

Sunday we had a guest preacher come in again and afterwards went to Tracee & Mike's house for lunch. Mike has a meat smoker, so anytime we go over there now, the menu is most definitely smoked chicken. It's amazing and one day when me and hubs have a house, we will be getting one!  Speaking of houses, in true Katie & Ethan fashion on Sundays, we drove around a couple neighborhoods hoping to find the one.  No luck yet, but hopefully the perfect house will pop up soon!

I'm looking forward to this week coming up! My momma's birthday is tomorrow, I've got an engagement party this Wednesday, and I FINALLY START MY NEW JOB THIS WEEK! Yay!! Oh, not to mention it's a short week because of the 4th. Another holiday that I love that includes lots of love and family time! :)

Linking up with my Monday gals: Biana, Molly, Carylee, Rachael, Lisa, Bella, and Lisa. Thanks, Ladies, for hosting your linkups! I've made lots of new friends by blog hopping around!

14 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about this week - short week and let's just make it to 5:01!!! Hope you hear back about the car soon!! Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Biana! I'm really hoping I hear back too! Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like an awesome weekend! Good luck on the car hunting... hope you hear back with the answer you want!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I've been checking my phone all morning hoping for a missed call from the dealership! None yet, but I'm hopeful!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend and always love seeing a photo of Pensacola beach :) Good luck on the car hunt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! Hope you got to enjoy some of our Pensacola sunshine this weekend too!

      Delete
  4. I hope that the price comes down so that you can get the car! Also, your Saturday sounds like my kind of day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday was definitely my kind of day! Hope yours was just as wonderful! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yay for short weeks!! I need to get some time in the sun in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by! I've definitely got my fair share of sun this weekend, my poor legs are cooked!

      Delete
  6. Yummm pineapple and Olive Garden!!
    Thanks for linking up, doll! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I'm such a fat kid when it comes to food! Thanks for hosting your linkup! I love joining along!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! And yay, for short weeks!! I'll be praying for your perfect car - whether it is this one or next, it will be SO perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers! I know the right one when come along one day! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete