Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Friday + One More Week Down!

Happy Friday, fellow Friday lovers!

It's been a busy week at work. We just finished what I thought was my last Agenda I would have to do until I start my new job on July 2 {!!!}, but alas, after looking at the calendar, I'll have to help proof at least one more Agenda. Oh, well, patience, dear self, patience.  Which brings me to the start of my High 5 moments from this last week!

{1} I never thought I could receive such joy from erasing deadlines from a calendar! You see, my current job {the one I'm moving on from come July 2} has so many work deadlines, which don't get me wrong, I have no problem with work deadlines and due dates, but there are literally. so. many.  So, I pulled out my heavy-duty eraser and got to scrubbing {and smiling at every date I got to erase!} I just want to say thank you, Lord, for providing this awesome new opportunity for me!

{Meet my good friend, the eraser}


{2} Whilst on the work subject, I got to meet my sweet friend and co-worker Kayla's new baby girl, Charlee Faye. She is absolutely the most precious and beautiful baby ever and a spitting image of her Momma! Ahh all these babies around me! Can't wait till I get to have my own!

{Me & Charlee Faye}

{3} Me, Ethan, and Taylor hit up Bands on the Beach this past Tuesday. We got our beach chairs and some steamed shrimp from Joe Patti's and enjoyed the evening listening to a 60s/70s cover band. Not the best music selection, in my opinion, but the whole atmosphere was really fun. Not to mention the weather was absolutely amazing for mid-June.



{4} Since Taylor's husband is currently deployed and it was her anniversary, Ethan suggested we take her out to celebrate.  We went to Bone Fish Grill and it was so yummy!  Every Wednesday they have $5 Bang Bang Shrimp, which is a spicy fried shrimp appetizer that is seriously amazing.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Afterwards, me and Taylor met up with a couple other friends to check out a bar that another friend had suggested.  I pass it all the time going home, but have never been. It was a really relaxed, outdoor patio-type setup.  We girls sat back, gossiped, and listened to the live music. And also laughed at the drunk "birthday girl" that kept charging the stage to let everyone know it was her birthday. So, happy birthday to you, drunk birthday girl.

{The Bridge}

{The view on the back patio}

{5} Alexis and I attended our first baby-related seminar/class this week!  The topics included proconception care and preparing your body for pregnancy.  It was an interesting class even though I didn't learn much.  I'm such a Google addict, and the class was pretty basic, so I knew most of what was covered.  We did get to talk to one of the doctors that delivers at West Florida and a midwife. I absolutely loved both of them! I could very much see the doctor being "my doctor." I did enjoy the q&a session we had too. I have a lot of irrational fears when it comes to pregnancy, especially for someone whose never even tried to get pregnant, but it was nice to be able to ask and get answers in a "judgement free zone." I'm looking forward to this next step in mine and Ethan's life and this class even more confirmed it!

{Yay! More research material!}
 
Now I'm looking forward to another 3-day weekend!  I have Monday off and I'm praying the weather is as beautiful as it has been all week! I'm linking up with my favorite Friday gals ~ Ash @ The Grits Blog, Lauren @ The Lauren Elizabeth, Paula @ Sincerely, Paula, Rebecca @ xoxo Rebecca, April @ A. Liz. Adventure, Amanda @ Meet @ the Barre, and Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife

How was your week? Any plans for the weekend!?

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo for new opportunities and erasing deadlines :)!

    Y'all are so sweet taking care of your friend while her husband is deployed!!!!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so sweet for taking your friend out to dinner on her anniversary and to Bonefish nonetheless - my favorite!! Such pretty beach pictures!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and p.s. you're totally smart for writing deadlines in pencil!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl- that Bang Bang Shrimp is the best ever! That was so thoughtful of you and your hubby to take her out to dinner! :)

    I'm stopping by from Lauren's link up! I hope you have a great weekend! :)
    leslyni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bands on the beach sounds AMAZING!!!
    And YAY for your new job. Praise the Lord for his provision! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie! I'm so glad to meet you! How cute are you and your hubby? My gosh - you are going to have some seriously beautiful children! PS - You look great holding that baby! You are a total natural!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a wonderful best friend and hubby. Thanks for the dinner on my anniversary! Lets hope its not too much of a tradition! Love y'all!

    hiswifeourlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete