Monday, June 2, 2014

Hunter Hayes & Friends // Weekend Recap

Friday morning I woke up from a text from my best friend Taylor telling me to cancel my plans for the night. She had received six free tickets to the Hunter Hayes concert that night from her work for winning the Nursing Excellence Award and we all were making it a Girl's Night Out!

Friday at work flew by, it's probably because I was excited about my new found plans and I was going to get to see my niece Kenzie at lunch.  Sadly, I didn't get to see Kenzie because she and her mom had to make it back home to the Tampa area to get their dog, so I didn't make it to them in time. ::sad face:: I did, however, get off work around 2, which was nice because I was able to go home and get ready for the concert. I met Taylor, Marissa, and Katie at Five Sisters for dinner before the concert.  They have the best fried chicken in town! ..which I didn't order.  I ordered the chicken salad sandwich because I wasnt' super hungry.  Hindsight, always, and I mean always, order the fried chicken. You won't regret it.

Our seats at the concert were pretty decent for free tickets! We were high enough to have a clear view of the stage, but not in the nosebleed section.  We also felt like cougars when we found out little Hunter Hayes was only 22.  No wonder all the little girls running around were like 14. Haha.

{Before the concert and after being yelled at that we were too close to the truck..}

{Thanks WFH & Taylor!!}

{Sarah, Marissa, Me, Katie & Taylor}


{Opening Act #1 Dan+Shay}


 Dan+Shay were amazing!  They sound awesome live and I'd totally go to a concert of just them!

{Opening Act #2 Danielle Bradbery - Season 4 Winner of The Voice}


Danielle has an incredible voice and she's ONLY 16! Gosh.. way to make me feel super old!  Which, we all are! Haha.. we had #thingsoldpeoplesayataconcert going on. "My back hurts." "Those lights keep blinding me." "It's so loud in here." "My bra is driving me crazy!" "Oh my gosh, it's past 9:30."  Aw.. to be young(er) again. One little fun, pre-concert thing was trying to get on the big screen using Instagram or Twitter. {If you want to follow me on either, my username is @klm61210}.  I tweeted out a picture of us at the concert and hashtagged it #Iamnotinvisible and we made it to the big screen!

{We're famous #nbd}

{Free Sunglasses!  Thanks, Hunter!}
{Si denote.. I'm pretty sure we have some photo bombers in the back..}


{Concert TIME!}


{Mid-concert he made his way to a little stage super close to us!}





{This stage was actually closer to us. If I had paid for front row seats, I'd have been pissed. Just saying..}
 
{My selfie with Hunter}




{Confetti Bomb at the end}



{Again, not sure why my phone does this, but I love it.}

{Awesome Girl's Night Out! Thanks again, Taylor!}

{The confetti finally made its way to us! Haha!}

Saturday morning I wish I could tell you I woke up late, snuggled in bed with my hunny, and then we had coffee and breakfast in bed, but that'd be a big, fat lie. Instead, Ethan was up decently early to launch the wave runner. He's been having trouble getting it to start, so he wanted to be up early enough to work on it, get it going, and launch it without having to worry about typical beach traffic. Ugh. A trip to the store for a new {very expensive} battery and 3 hours later, we finally launched it and it's now chilling on the boat lift. I did have to drive the truck back with the trailer back to our house from the launch.  Basically, I'm now a skilled trailer driver. Adding that to my resume!

Saturday afternoon we went to my cousin's birthday cookout.  It was fun hanging out with my family. I really wish we'd do stuff like that more often.  The best part was that I got to play with my baby cousin William a ton!  If that cute face doesn't give you instant baby fever, I don't know what will!


{William, 6 months old}

After the party, Ethan so graciously took me to the mall and Target so I could get my "big kick walk-ins." Sadly my Best Buy walk-in didn't work, which sucked because that was 100 kicks I didn't get, but I did get alot from the other stores and Target.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, ShopKick is an app that lets you scan specific items for "kicks" (points) and then you use those kicks to buy gift cards. I've already earned a $35 gift card to American Eagle, and I currently have enough I could get a $50 gift card to places like Target, Best Buy, Old Navy, etc.  If you want to know more, check it out here.  {Also, in the interest of full disclosure, if you use that link I get bonus kicks. Which is pretty awesome if you wanna do that! You also get your own link, so you can share with your friends too!}

Saturday night we spent the night with my parents. We finally found Get Smart and my dad loved it!  The best part of watching a funny movie with him is watching him laugh at it! Sunday morning my Dad did the church service. He may not be a called preacher, but he did bring us some great truths from the Bible. Continue to keep my church in your prayers, we have a long road ahead of us and need wisdom and God's direction to find a new pastor. Sunday afternoon Ethan and I hit up Walmart for some more kicks, some Slimfast {gotta get back on that diet train.. 15 more pounds to go!}, and a collapsible paddle for the wave runner {you know, just in case that darn thing breaks down on us!}. Sunday night we went back to church and headed home afterwards to grocery shop for the work week and start of the new diets and to watch Game of Thrones. That episode of GoT had my mouth hanging open at the end. I told Ethan I felt like a teenage girl, "I can't even." So so so can't wait for next week's episode!

All right, there's my brain dump of a weekend! If you stayed with me till the end, congratulations! ;) Hope your weekend was fab and that the upcoming work week goes by fast! Next weekend is looking good weather-wise and I'm itching to get that wave runner out and about and get my tan on! And since you stayed with my to the end, I'll leave you with some a-dor-able pictures my Grandma sent me of Baby William. Enjoy :)



Linkups:

{Molly & Carly}



{Bella & Lisa}

4 comments:

  1. Your girls night out to the concert looked like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You really can't complain about a free concert! And it really was a blast!

      Delete
  2. Looks like such an amazing weekend!!! The watermelon pic is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It was an awesome weekend! And isn't my little Will *the* cutest! I could just eat HIM up! lol

      Delete