Monday, July 14, 2014

Blues Weekend at Pensacola Beach

Warning: Be prepared for a photo dump/world's longest post. Ok, good. You've been warned and I'll continue!  First I have to start out with how much I love my new job.  One week in and the new boss has already let me take a personal day.  I think I'm really going to love not having such an intense schedule like my old job.  So, once again, I had a glorious 3-day weekend. Please don't hate me... because I have another one this week. I love my new job. Repeat. I love my new job.

Thursday evening after I got off work, me and Ethan met up with Mom and Hannah for some dinner at Cactus Flower on the boardwalk. Clearly I'm working on my #cruisebody. Or obviously not.  The nachos were good, but I really wish I would've gotten something.. um.. smaller.  After dinner we hung out at Grandma's beach house for a couple hours until we finally went grocery shopping for the weekend.  With an estimated 100,000 people coming to the beach for the airshow, we knew we were NOT leaving the island.


Saturday morning I woke up to Ethan running in our bedroom, rummaging through his dresser. Turns out his favorite NBA player Lebron James was "coming home" to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers again. So naturally Ethan needed his jersey.


After the excitement of LB's return, we met up with Mom and Hannah for the practice airshow. I am so so so happy I got Friday off because the weather was absolutely gorgeous! And since we didn't have an airshow last year due to the government's budget cuts, we were so excited to see our boys fly again!  We packed up our essentials and walked over to watch the show around noon. The show didn't start until 2, so we had plenty of time to enjoy the pre-show, eat our lunch, and play in the sprinklers.

{baby sister Hannah} 

{watching the Blues in my awesome new tank} 









{cooling of in the sprinklers}

After the show, we headed back to our condo to enjoy the pool.  Well, me and Mom enjoyed the pool.  We're not really sure what Hannah was doing.


 Friday night we ate dinner at Grandma's house. She makes the best shrimp creole! We enjoyed spending time with her and my Grandpa.  Ethan and Hannah passed the time with some Jenga before dinner. I'm pretty sure Hannah beat him 3-1.


Saturday morning we woke up around 10 a.m. to see the little bay behind our condo already getting full!  The picture doesn't even do it justice because you really can't see just how many boats were there!


The whole morning before the show I think all me and Ethan did was walk around. First we walked over to the beach to see my brother and cousin who were both working different medical tents for the show. After that we walked to Grandma's house to say hello to everyone.  We ate lunch at Grandma's and then right before the show was going to start, walked back to the beach to catch the Blues.

{Ethan, Me & Mom}


{Crazy amount of people!}

I did learn that my phone is a sissy little girl when it comes to heat.  I think it shut down 2 or 3 times from overheating while we were out at the show. Seriously phone, it was not that hot.  The two shows that I was able to catch were amazing! Every time I see them I get misty-eyed and the pride of being an American swells in me! Also so proud to say that the Blues call Pensacola home! I love my little hometown!

Sunday morning me and Ethan went to church.  We had another guest preacher and honestly I wasn't that impressed. I didnt' like his style of preaching and there were a couple of things he said that I really didn't agree with.  It's so hard not having a pastor that I love and trust. I'm having a really hard time with this and would appreciate any prayers for my church and myself.

After service, me and Ethan met up with Taylor to try out this "great sushi restaurant" that Ethan's coworker had told him about. We pass Jasmine Fusion all the time when we're out that way, but honestly it looks a little run down, so we've never stopped.  Well, with Matt's stellar referral, we decided to give it a try because we were both craving sushi.  Only problem.. they have 3 sushi rolls on the menu and then after I ordered one of them, they came back and said they don't make sushi anymore.  Great referral on the sushi restaurant, Matt.. I did end up getting a pepper steak stir fry that was really good. 

After lunch, me and Taylor ditched Ethan and her house so he could workout and watch the World Cup Finals. We went antiquing and found this gem...


 No worries, neither of us bought it, and we returned to do one hellavu workout.  Taylor's husband Colin basically has a crossfit gym in their garage, so we took advantage of it and did a WOD Taylor found on some other blog.  It didn't look that bad, but once we were done.. holy. smokes!


{Cute & Sweaty}

{Just kidding. It was like death..}

The WOD {workout of the day} was every minute on the minute for 10 minutes, 1 minute plank then 1 minute wall sit. Not bad right.. yea, I never thougth the day would come when wall sits were the better of the two options.  THEN, yea.. we're not done. We did four rounds of 150 jump ropes and 50 walking lunges.  My booty is going to be feeling this workout for a loooong time. #cruisebody {actually for real this time..}

Sunday night me and Ethan decided to just go home. We were both disgusting and tired from our workouts.  We ran by Publix for some work lunch stuff and grabbed dinner.  We did go on a 2-mile walk later that evening, so go us.  Actually, walks are a good time for us to chat about life and whatnot. We talked houses, cars, babies, vacations, church, goals and basically everything else we could think of. It's a good feeling knowing that we're both on the same page for all of these things coming up for us.

If you made it to the end, you seriously deserve a reward!  Sorry for the marathon post.. but this weekend was so much fun it deserved a ridiculously long post! :) Linking up with my Monday ladies: BellaLisa for their Weekend Recap, Biana with Weekending, MollyCarly for Let It Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, RachaelLisa for Weekly Wrap Up, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Monday Mingle. 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Looks like you had a pretty awesome weekend. Love all the air show pictures and nothing better than the beach for some weekend relaxation! Stopping by to say hello from the weekend recap linkup! Have a great day!

    -Rosy
    A Joyful Kind of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosy! Thanks for stopping by! Blues Weekend is my favorite one of the year!

      Delete
  2. I watched the Friday show from my building at work, and the view was nothing compared to this! :( I can't believe how many people showed up--my mom went down on Saturday and said it was mobbed!!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a madhouse Saturday! How close do you work to the beach? That's awesome that you could watch from the comfort of the a/c!! :)

      Delete
  3. Whoa, that beach is packed!! Your boss sounds great. Bosses can make such a difference in how much we like our jobs!

    Améliorer la Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy! People literally everywhere! It was fun, but I'm sooo thankful it isn't like that 24/7! I enjoy my quiet little getaway!

      Delete
  4. Yum! Those nachos look amazing :) Visiting from Weekending linkup!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for visiting! The nachos were sooo yummy! The white sauce was kind of a creamy/hot cilantro! Perfection!

      Delete
  5. I'm happy Lebron is coming back!! It will mean good things for our economy! Yes, I"m a nerd and think about these kinds of things. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I totally get you! I work for the County and all I could think of was the tourist dollars we were getting from the airshow! I'm happy for ya'll to get Lebron back! I'll be rooting for ya'll come NBA season! #bandwagonfan :)

      Delete
  6. THOSE NACHOS! <3 Looks like you had a stinking great weekend! I'm super jeally of your fun in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those nachos = bomb.com. Not so much the bomb.com was the food baby I was sporting afterwards haha!

      Delete
  7. So jealous you live in Pensacola!! We went through there in June on our way to Fort Walton. Our first time in that area and we fell in love!!! We are pretty sure it will be an annual trip now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved my little City! I'm a bit biased, but I think it's the best! Thanks for stopping by and for the follow!

      Delete
  8. This looks like sooo much fun! I adore your cap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it from an Etsy shop called The Turnip Seed :)

      Delete