Saturday, July 5, 2014

High 5 for... Saturday

So I forgot to post a H54F, which I haven't missed in like months. Oops. We had Friday off this week for 4th of July, and I was going to draft up my Friday post on Thursday night, but then I stayed up super late watching Sex and the City {hubs bought me the entire series for my b-day and I'm just now cracking it open..} and folding Mt. Foldmore, which I have to say our house looks incredibly clean and so good right now. Anyways, so on to the Friday post that never happened..

{1} I had my last day at my old job this past week! I didn't move far, just down the hall, but it was surreal to be packing my desk up and being able to say "my last day."  I remember hearing way last year that Bernie was retiring and how I should apply for the job when she did. Crazy to be able to think back to that time and realize it's here!

{My lucky bamboo, he's been with me through 2 promotions now!}

{2} Got to celebrate my wonderful Momma's birthday with a little family dinner at Cracker Barrel. She means the world to me and I'm so thankful I get to call her my mom. I only know two other people who have that privilege! ;)

{Me & Momma}

{Me, Momma & Lex}

{The Girls}

{Brother, me, Momma & sister}
 
{3} This week was just a week of celebrating on my part. Spent Wednesday night celebrating my friend Sarah's engagement! I'm so happy for her and I can't wait to finally see her as the bride come May!

{Me and the Bride-to-Be}
 
{4} Like I said, I finally started the new job this week! My 1st two day were amazing. It's very different from what I'm used to, but the work flow is pretty constant and from the looks of it my boss isn't the smothering type. Monday starts my new schedule, so I have to be at work at 7:30 am, but it'll be so worth it when I'm off every other Friday!!
 
{New Office}
 

{It came pre-decorated, but I've got some changes in mind.}
 
{5} I worked out 4 times this week and lost 1.4 lbs! I'm hoping for more next week, when there's not a holiday weekend in sight. Also, it's weird writing a post and knowing "what happens" during the weekend already.. I'll give you a little sneak peak..
 
{Krispy Kreme donuts before the fireworks}
 
Also, if you missed it, I wrote a letter to my 29-year old self for the 2018 World Cup. Check it out, write your own, and let me know what you hope to see in yourself in the next 4 years!
 
Hope everyone's weekend is going as great as mine, as in you've got a nice donut/brownie gut from the holiday gorging and a nice sunburn on the backs of your legs from all this gorgeous sunshine! See ya Monday for my weekend recap shenanigans!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. You have such a pretty desk! It holds so much potential for more Pinterest-like makeovers! :)

    xx, Jen
    http://thecasualwanderer.blogspot.com/2014/07/life-lately-sally-forth_2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got my eyes on some really cute prints and I'm dying for a little fake peony arrangement!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new job! :) Sounds like a great week with lots to celebrate! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete