Thursday, July 24, 2014

July Birchbox // Likes & Dislikes



To say Birchbox knocked it out of the park this time would be an understatement. My July box was a huge hit and I'm super excited about the products I received!

First off, Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health Magazine for July and included in every box is a year's subscription to Women's Health! The great thing about the subscription is that if it isn't your thing, you can return the postcard asking for a rebate! So, if you've really been wanting to try out Birchbox, but didn't want to shell out the $10, you have until July 30th to get the July box "free." And by "free" I mean return the magazine for the rebate.  If you keep the magazine, obviously you still have to pay the $10 for the box, but you just got a year's subscription to Women's Health. That's still an awesome deal!

Ok, enough of my rambling - Here's what was in my box!

I'm impressed with the Ruffian brand nail polish. It provides a full coverage with only one coat, but unfortunately one coat isn't enough to keep it from chipping. New to Birchbox is the option to choose one of your items. I chose this specific color because I'm all about rose gold these days.  Too bad the color comes out more copper than gold.

I loved these nail polish remover wipes! They smelled amazing, got the job done, and left my nails feeling moisturized and not dried out! My only complaint is that they are too dang expensive. Seriously, 10 wipes for $12. Sorry, this girl would rather not. Unless someone wants to gift them to me. I like gifts. ;)

I don't know if it's the 12-year old in me, but when I read "peel" I thought this was one of those face masks that dries then you peel it off. Not the adult-version of a chemical peel. I haven't used this product yet, but from what I understand it's a chemical-free exfoliater that leaves your skin fresh and smooth.


I've used multiple products from this line and I've loved them all. I'm a hair abuser, so between my blow drying and straightening, I need a good deep conditioner. The smell is amazing, not too perfume-like, but leaves your hair smelling good for the entire day. I'm not sure why I got two tubs of it in my box? Maybe a mix-up, but I do appreciate the extra! ;)


Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to slather butter all over your lips? No? Just me? Moving on then.. Regardless, I'm pretty sure this lip balm gives you a pretty good idea.  The color may look hot pink, but it glides on as a nice sheer, shiny pink. The balm is scented and very perfumey, which to me, is kind of strange and is the only thing I didn't like about the product.


I'm super picky about lotion and body sprays, blame it on my sensitive nostrils, so this lotion is not my favorite. The scent is very strong and very perfumey. I did try it out on my hands for an afternoon and I can say that the scent lasts and it does a good job moisturizing. If you're super in to "smelly good stuff," this is for you!

Also included, as mentioned before, is the 1-year subscription to Women's Health Magazine. I've been a Birchboxer for over a year now, so last year when I got my subscription offer, I got it. I'm pretty sure I'll be "renewing" again this year. I like getting mail, especially when it's a free magazine and not bills! Ha!

So, if you've been on the fence about Birchbox, I'd say give the July box a try. It's $10 with a free 1-year subscription to Women's Health or free with the rebate. Win-win. Check it out here, to try it out!

{Pictures of the samples were taken from the Birchbox website for illustration purposes}

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I think you've just convinced me to sign up for birch box!! This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I've really enjoyed it and I hope you do too! I've provided my referral link, if you want to use that, that'd be awesome! I get 50 points to use in the Birchbox shop. When you sign up, you'll recieve your own link to share and get points too! :) Let me know how you like it!

      Delete