Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Liebster Award & Nominations

Yesterday I got a really cool surprise in one of the comments on my post about my new car! I've been nominated by Tricia for a Liebster Award! I want to say a major HUGE thank you to her for thinking of me! And if you're into healthy living (which.. I still need to get back on the bandwagon for..), check her out! Not only does she post great workouts, but she also posts from the heart about her fitness journey! I know I have a new blog to follow! :)

So I'm not going to lie, I had to do a little reasearch about what The Liebster Award is and what it means. From what I've found, it originated as a way for bloggers to introduce other bloggers. The link above is a really good explanation of what it is, what it's for, and how to participate! The rules are simple. Once you've been nominated, write 11 facts about yourself and answer the questions from your nominator, then post your own questions for the blogs you're going to nominate. Notify the new blogs of their award and the fun keeps going! :)



11 Facts About Me

  1. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was in the 6th grade. My dad didn't believe me when I said I needed glasses. At first, he thought I only wanted them "to look cool," but I think he finally believed me when I was shocked that you could actually see individual leaves on a tree, not just one giant green blob.
  2. I went to the state meet for high jump my senior year of high school. Didn't win, but it was a really fun experience. Especially since my mom, grandparents, and boyfriend (now husband) drove nearly 10 hours to watch and cheer me on!
  3. Speaking of my husband, he's my high school sweetheart and we've been married for four years now.
  4. Have you seen the new beer commercials about "summer you versus normal you"? That commercial is me 100%. I hate winter and cold with a passion! If it could be sunny and 75* every day I'd take it in a heartbeat!
  5. I have a bad habit of chewing the inside of my cheek.
  6. It takes me a long time to decided whether or not I like a trend. Like the whole Tom's shoes, still undecided if I like those. And I've just now jumped on the boyfriend watch trend, ya know.. the one that's been around forever? Yea, just got one.
  7. I just wrote a post about some weird things about me not too long ago. It kind of turned into what I like to call "Vent, Rant, and Ramble" which one day I would love to turn in to a link-up. Anyone out there good with linkups that would be willing to help me or co-host?
  8. My dad mixed up my name on my birth certificate. Apparently it was supposed to be Katie Nicole or Stephanie LeAnn. I got Katie LeAnn, which I like better anyways.
  9. On the "LeAnn" subject, I grew up thinking I got the "Lee" part from my mom's middle name and the "Ann" part from my Grandma's middle name. Nope. Wrong. Apparently, my mom knew a girl in high school and thought it was cool. I'm sticking with my more creative story.
  10. I've completed all 90 days of P90X once. I lost about 10 pounds and got decently toned. I've also restarted the program probably 11 more times and not finished.
  11. I started my blog because of Jessica @ Little Baby Garvin. I loved the idea of having a blog to share all your pregnancy details without overloading Facebook, so even though we weren't even thinking about having kids yet {ok, I was, but hubs wasn't convinced} I started my blog about a year and half ago and have really enjoyed it since. Although, it's just about time for the blog to actually do what it was "born" to do ;)

Questions Asked by my Nominator

1. What is your guilty pleasure- food or other indulgences? - I don't watch a lot of tv, but when I do, I can binge watch America's Next Top Model while eating an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked like nobody's business.

2. What is your favorite past time/hobby? - I'd have to say blogging is my favorite hobby. It makes me remember to take more pictures of what we're up to and I love the idea of having those memories forever. Favorite past time would be soaking up the sun on the beach!

3. Where would you go visit if all expenses were paid on your behalf? - Probably Australia and the surrounding islands. My bestie Taylor is going there next April and I'm super jelly!

4. Would you rather sky dive, cliff jump, sit at the top of Sears Tower or view the Eiffel Tower, tour Italy? - Well, I'll never sky dive or cliff jump, and I'm pretty sure the Sears Tower is super tall too {are you catching the "I'm afraid of heights"-theme}, so I'd love to tour Italy and get some real Italian food!

5. What is your favorite kind of music? - I love the "tween" station on Pandora. #notashamed. I switch between it and country every morning.

6. Why do you blog?  - I started my blog as a way to track my pregnancies. Since I'm not pregnant yet, it's been a way for me to remember life as a newlywed and family of 2. I've been told the older you get the faster life goes by, so this is just my way of remembering life's little moments.

7. What is your dream job?  - I'd love to be a competitive cheerleading coach.

8. What is your greatest/favorite accomplishment? - Getting married, graduating college, getting a "big girl" job, then a promotion, and most recently another promotion, being credit card debt free, and even more recently buying my new car!

9. What is your best birthday and favorite age? - I'd be 17 again in a heartbeat. Old enough to know better, still young enough to not care.

10. Do you prefer hot dogs or hamburgers and why? If you are vegetarian do you prefer apples or grapefruit? (random but fun) - No hot dogs for this girl. Processed meat grosses me out. I love an all-American burger with pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, and chipotle mayo! The spicier, the better!

11. What silly thing do you do in front of only close family/friends but never in public?  - Ethan is my only audience for my car concerts. I get in to it, hand motions, fake mic and all. Also, I have this super sexy dance {cue sarcasm..} when I'm in socks and can slide/skate/scoot?! across our tile.

Questions for my Nominees

1. What's the story behind the name of your blog?
2. Would you give up internet and cell phone for a year for $10,000?
3. Dogs or cats?
4. What's your biggest pet peeve?
5. Do you have any hidden talents?
6. What was your last dream about?
7. What was your best/favorite vacation?
8. Favorite reality tv show?
9. Would you rather a weekend in the mountains or at the beach?
10. Any embarrassing/bad 1st date stories?
11. What's your favorite quote?

My Nominees

Annie @ Home of Malones
A Hundred Tiny Wishes
HisWife. OurLife.
WhenLMetM
Kelly at Kelly's Journey
Shannon at This Crazy Beautiful Life
Jessi’s Design
Brianne at My Life As…
P!nky at P!nk Persistence
Ashley at From A to Z
Becca at Two Places at Once

These are all bloggers I follow along with and look forward to their next post! I'm a big fan of link ups and that's where I've found 99% of the blogs I follow! So, ladies I've nominated, if you choose to participate, I can't wait to read your responses to the questions! Especially my embarrassing date one! ;)

14 comments:

  1. Thank you. Looking forward to do this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me!!!! I'll get to work on my post!

    I bite the inside of my cheek too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Can't wait to read it! And I've said it before ~ I think me and you are secretly the same person!

      Delete
  3. Congrats of your Liebster Award. Great to learn more about you!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only heard amazing things about P90X and then I think it's called T25 by the same guy? SO tempted to give it a go!! And seriously, binging on episodes of ANTM is the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to find it used on Amazon or Craigslist! If you buy it brand new from the company, you do get a workbook and menu planner-type thing, but if you understand how to eat healthy, but need something to keep you on track with workouts, then P90X is for you! T25 is a 25 day program, I haven't done it, but if you think you'd be better sticking to a shorter program, I'd say try that one or Insanity which is a 60-day program by Shaun T. They're all Beach Body products, so they're good no matter what! Good luck!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was alot of fun to put together! It really made me think!

      Delete
  6. I'm afraid of heights toooo!! Reading the description about your delicious burger made me want to run right out and get one!

    Car performances are basically a MUST!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once owned a giant pink microphone that I kept in the car. It was hilarious the first time I busted it out for my performance. Ethan just about died laughing. :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome post! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a little out of the ordinary and a lot of fun to do! Can't wait to read yours!

      Delete