Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekend Recap // Private Beaches

This weekend will go down in the books as one of the best I've had since moving out to Pensacola Beach! It was filled with all of my favorite things!

Saturday morning me and Ethan woke up late and leisurely enjoyed some coffee out on the balcony.

{Donut Shop coffee with Caramel Macchiato Creamer and Whipped Cream}
  
After a quick run to Subway, we packed up our beach towels and chairs on the wave runner and headed out to find a little slice of private beach for just us.  We ended up near Fort Pickens and enjoyed some beach time just me and him.



 Once my hubs got sick of beachin' it, we headed back to shore and I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging by the pool.


Since before we got married (four years ago) I've promised Ethan I'd go golfing with him.  Since my friend Taylor's husband was home and he golfs too, we finally made good on that promise. I'm so glad we did too, because it was so much fun and such a gorgeous afternoon for 9 holes!

{Picking out our cart}

{Me and Tay}

{Tay chauffeuring their cart}

{Teeing off}

{Action shot. Although he goes "don't take a picture of me in the rough.}

{Same place we got married <3 p="">
{My man crush all day, err day}

{Funny random story, it was 100* at our wedding at Scenic Hills and Taylor's dad Steven reminds me of this every June 12th, so when my "Share a Coke with" said Steve, we had to send him this pic to help him "cool off" for next time he's at Scenic Hills}

{Being a good Caddy.. er Katie ;) }


{And then you find a turtle, and naturally take a #turtleselfie}


{Overlooking the greens}


{The boys putting it out}

We ended the night eating dinner at Applebee's and heading back home. Sunday morning we planned to go to church, but ended up staying home because we had company coming over around 2 and were afraid the holiday traffic mixed with normal summer traffic would make it impossible to get home.  We ran by Walmart, got lunch and beach stuff, and headed home to get the wave runner ready and everything for our beach day with friends.

{We went back to the same secluded beach area as Saturday}

{Bestie Selfie}

My weekend was picture perfect and I'm so sad it went by so fast. I wish every weekend could have as wonderful sunshiney weather as we had! It was literally perfect and I have the tan lines to prove it!




{Sunday night sunset to end my wonderful weekend}


Linking up with Bella & Lisa for their Weekend Recap, Biana with Weekending, Molly & Carly for Let It Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, Rachael & Lisa for Weekly Wrap Up, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Monday Mingle.

10 comments:

  1. I went to the beach this past week, too!! That's awesome that you found a private one to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plop me on the beach anytime! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I know one day when we move I'll miss the heck out of it so I'm trying my best to soak it all in! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I haven't been to the beach in FOREVER! I can't wait to make a trip soon. Looks like y'all had a blast! Time always flies by when you're having fun.

    I found ya on the weekend recap link -up! :)

    You can find me at http://thesassysouthernerblog.blogspot.com/2014/07/weekend-recap-swimming-in-bavarian.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Since it's summer time I hope you're getting some sort of water in your life, whether it's pool, lake or ocean! :)

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome! Glad you had great weather and got to spend time with friends.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Girl! :) I'm looking forward to doing a lot of the same this upcoming weekend!

      Delete
  5. Um, what an awesome location on the beach! Looks like a fun weekend! Thanks for linking up with us! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! I hope we do it again soon! Thanks for stopping by and hosting your linkup!

      Delete