Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Recap // We Got a New Car!!

So, I've been talking about buying a new car for, well.. forever. Seriously, here and here, just in the last month. It's something I've been putting off for as long as I could because I couldn't justify a car payment when I had a perfectly good, running little car. After months, heck.. probably years of liking one particular car, changing my mind, researching, changing my mind again, we finally found my dream "mom" car!  Meet my newest addition :)



She's a 2014 Grand Touring Mazda CX-5, which if you've been following along for any amount of time, you know this is my dream car! I wish I could've taken some pictures of the interior, but it was nasty weather all weekend, so I never really got the chance. She has black leather seats {which are HEATED!}, a backup camera, blind spot sensors, power seats, power windows, and a moon roof! There's tons of other gadgets I'm super pumped about, but honestly having power windows is bomb.com! I've been rocking crank windows for the past 10 years!

The whole buying a car process was actually kind of fun. I was way excited when we pulled up to the lot and they had "my" car pulled up front. I told Ethan, "look there's my car!!" To which he replied, "don't say that! You can't let them know you're interested." Cue: Game Face. Our salesman Rob was really great and we got him to agree on a price we were comfortable with. The best part was when my bank and their financing guy were going back and forth trying to win my business with their interest rates. Bottom line: we were pre-approved at the bank for 3.99% and walked out the door with 2.25% from the bank. Thanks to a little back-and-forth action we saved nearly $40 on our monthly payment just by getting a lower interest rate!

I told Ethan I feel like a real adult now. He laughed at me, probably because I've been an adult for awhile now, but I guess now that I have a "mom" car it's more real, to me at least.  The most "real" thing was when Ethan said at some point we could have an 8-year old and a 5-year old sitting in the backseat.  We plan on me driving this car for at least 10 years, so at some point there's a good chance the kiddos will be back there!

I'm so thankful for this car. I know that sounds silly, but we've been praying that we find a good one with a good price for so long and for this one to pop up for such an amazing deal, I feel like God personally sent this one to me. I may or may not have had a Kim Kardashian ugly cry on the way home over how blessed I am to call this car mine. {If you don't know what I'm talking about, google it and you're in for a good laugh.}

Saturday morning the weather was gross and since we didn't have any plans, Ethan suggested we hit up Foley. Taylor was supposed to come over to lay out so I texted her to see if she wanted to go too. No surprise, she was in!  We picked her up in my girl {nickname for my car} and off we were on her very 1st roadtrip! We ate lunch at Longhorns {amazing! Pensacola, get on it and get a Longhorns!} and convinced Ethan to stop at Old Time Pottery.  He'd never been and, bless his dear heart, had no idea it was basically a Hobby Lobby on steroids. He was a good sport though and let me and Taylor weave in and out of every aisle.

We did finally make it to the actual outlet. Me and Taylor both scored dresses for the cruise were going on in October and Ethan found a shirt at Under Armour.  Pretty successful day if you ask me. We dropped Taylor back off at her house and headed home to freshen up before going out for my brother's 21st birthday. We ate dinner at Outback and then went to Play, the adult arcade downtown.

{Both sporting our new shirts ;) }

{Photobooth Shenanigan}

Sunday we headed to church {Dakota, Lex, and Zac stayed over since we were all out so late}, had lunch with my parents at Macaroni Grill to celebrate Dakota's birthday, and spent the afternoon watching Netflix and taking awesome naps. {I think we're getting a little too old for staying out past our bedtimes! haha!}

Tomorrow starts another work week, you know.. like it normally does! Hopefully this week will fly by and I'll be enjoying another weekend before I know it!  How was your weekend?  I'm linking up with my Monday friends Bella and Lisa for their weekend recap, Biana for weekending, Molly and Carly for Let it Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, Rachael and Lisa for Weekly Wrapup, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Monday Mingle. 

29 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Dateless in Dallas's weekend recap linkup. And I have to say...... Ah! That is such a cute car! I'm sure you'll have a blast driving it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! It is soo much fun to drive! Peppy and handles like a car, which I was worried about because I'm going from "my go-cart" to a SUV, so the size scared me!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new car and did you say Macaroni Grill?! My mouth is watering terribly now. I found you through the Monday Mingle. http://secondchances-ash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! And yes, it was amazing! I could eat their bread dipped in olive oil all day long!

      Delete
  3. Katie! I almost bought a CX-5! I ended up going with a Subaru Forester, but seriously the CX-5 was right up there! Found you via Meg's Mingle Monday and had to come say hi! Congrats on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! She sure looks great!

    I found you at Meg's Monday Mingle
    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/monday-mingle-july-21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw your splurging post! I'm totally there with you on spending $100 at Bath and Body! Their Hawaiian line they did a couple months ago broke my wallet!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new wheels! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Fun weekend! Congrats on the car. Looks great!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Looks like you had a great time in Nashville! I literally JUST told my husband I wanted to make a trip up there! Now you've really got me wanting to go!

      Delete
  7. My dad has heated leather seats in his car, and I LOVED that feature in the winter when I had to use his car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so cold natured I've already used them and it's JULY! lol :)

      Delete
  8. I love your car, nothing better than a mom car. Trust me, I drive a mini van...total mom car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like it's opening up a new chapter in my life! :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats!! That's such an adorable car with amazing features!! How exciting :)

    Thanks for linking up for MMG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm totally digging all the features! Even hooked up my bluetooth last night! Now I can look like a crazy person talking to myself! LOL!

      Delete
  10. How exciting!! I am totally with you on not wanting to give up having no payments on a great car for having payments. I just bought one and haven't really had much time to blog as a result of all the research/shopping.

    I have been by your blog in the past and every time I stop in I love it! Soooo, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Go check it out:
    http://triciaconiglio.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award-nominee.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I don't have to research cars anymore! Now I have more time for Pinterest! Haha! And oh my gosh, thank you! I just checked out the Liebster Award and I'm so excited for that! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  11. Time to update your bucket list! You finally got your 'mom car'! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the car. We have been researching and the Cx5 is certainly on our radar as well!! Stopping by from the link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! From what I've researched too, it's the best one out there! I'd totally recommend it! I came from a very small car to this, and it drives just like a car and not a bulky truck or SUV! Good luck with the car shopping!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful car! In my opinion, black is the color of sophistication, or is that what everybody's been saying anyways? In this day and age, SUVs are the perfect cars to get. Great for vacations, as they can handle some pretty good off-road action. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed dinner at Outback. They have the best baby back ribs in town. All the best! :)

    Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler

    ReplyDelete
  14. Getting your dream car at a lower interest rate is really a dream come true! Anyway, I’m sure you'll be able to driving it for many years to come! You just have to be careful behind the wheel and stay alert while you’re on the road. You should also have it checked regularly, to avoid having engine-related car problems in the future. That way, traveling will be hassle-free, and you can go the extra mile with your dream car. Stay safe!

    Steven Keltsch @ Allied Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, you and Taylor look great together. It makes me happy seeing couples who are a perfect match for each other! Anyway, I love the car that you eventually chose. Not only does it have great specs and features, the overall look itself makes it quite amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us. All the best!


    Micheal Miller @ Butler Kia of Fishers

    ReplyDelete