Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekending // Low-Key Style

I'm going to apologize in advance that I was a terrible blogger this past weekend and took about zero photos. I guess I got too caught up in just enjoying what I was doing to stop and do a little click of the camera. I'm sure you'll forgive me! ;)

{This picture has nothing to do with this post - it's just a fav of mine}

{Friday Night}

Ethan promised me sushi, so to the mall we headed. It may sound gross, but our mall has the best sushi! We thought about going to the movies with my brother, his wife, and his best friend, but when they said they were going to the 10:30 showing, the old lady in me said "no way!" We ended up walking around Target for a little bit, then heading home. Just my typical low-key Friday night with my Ethan.

{Saturday}

Woke up late, did our normal Saturday morning cleaning ritual. Taylor headed over to the house around noon, we got Subway, and laid out by the pool. So thankful it was a sunny afternoon because this girl can NOT keep a tan unless I'm out there just about every weekend!

We headed to Taylor's house later that afternoon. Her car needed a new battery so while she was out to Advanced, Ethan mowed her lawn while I {stupidly} decided to do a 5,000 meter row on her rowing machine. We were supposed to do her WOD {workout of the day} but since we wanted to go to the mall and get dinner, I decided to workout without her to save time. Holy. Crap. Didn't realize at the time that a 5,000 meter row is 3.1 miles! Hello, rowing 5K! Dumb.. dumb.. dumb. At least my heart rate monitor told me I burned around 550 calories!

We didn't finish working out/mowing/etc till after 8, so we decided to stay in and ordered Beef O'Brady wings, made a diet strawberry cake, and watched some of the Crossfit Games! We stayed with my parent's Saturday night since we were out in Cantonment. So glad we thought ahead to pack church clothes! I also got to see my cousin Linda and her new baby Emma. Linda, her son Daniel and the baby were over at my parent's house hanging out with my sister Hannah while my parents attended their 30th high school reunion. It was so good to get some sweet baby snuggles!

{Sunday}

Sunday was near perfect. Church service we had a guest speaker, then went to Founaris Brothers for lunch. My family always orders the same thing - vegetarian pizza, no olives, add pepperoni! It's the easiest way to get what we want even though it makes no sense! After lunch, we headed back to Mom's house where I took a glorious all-stinkin-afternoon-long nap. Aka.. perfection. I did get up right before chruch started and vacuumed out my new car! ;) Gotta keep her pretty! After service we went to Waffle House. It was so yummy and totally explains why the scale was NOT nice to me this morning. Worth it, so worth it!

{Favorite Moment}

Me and Ethan hiding on the couch behind Taylor trying to set up her Xbox. For some reason or another, the Xbox would NOT recognize Ethan and basically was demanding that Colin (Taylor's husband who is deplaoyed) be present. So, we had to sign out, hide, and get the Xbox to say Hello to Taylor. Persnickety little thing.

{Us.. hiding}

{Most WTH Moment}

If you're the tiniest bit squeamish, stop reading now. Ethan, my darling husband, decided to be a surgeon. He cut his thumb, not terribly, but enough where it wouldn't stop bleeding, trying a new method of cutting up a watermelon. If he put normal pressure on his thumb, it would make the cut open, thus bleeding more. So, Mr. Brilliant decided to break out my sewing needle to stitch himself up. He even asked me what color thread he should use. I said green, because that's going to be the color of my face if I watch him. Have to admit, he did a great job, but the plan was not well thought out. I asked him what would happen when the cut healed and his "stitches" were still in place. Hello, they aren't medical ones that dissolve. So long story short, kind of. He removed his "stitches" and rigged up a weird way to use a band aide instead. 10 points for creativity, 0 points for my most WTH moment.


Thanks for stopping by! Did you have any WTH moments this weekend?

Linking up with Bella and Lisa for Weekend Recap, Biana for Weekending, Molly and Carly for Let It Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, Rachael and Lisa for Weekly Wrap Up, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Mingle Monday.

30 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is an insane DIY medical procedure! Men really are odd. Thanks for your otherwise lovely post :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I know! I was unsure if I wanted to include it, but I was like "no, this is our real, crazy life." I even warned him he was going to be blogged about! Men...

      Delete
  2. OMG that DIY medical issue... I wasn't sure if I should laugh at the cleverness or be grossed out! haha. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, Rachael! I was completely shocked when he told me what he was up to.. go with grossed out because I know that's how I feel about his DIY-self.

      Delete
  3. OMG that is so funny!!!! It actually looks really good for doing it himself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. he was proud of himself. Like, so proud. I can't think back on this without laughing..

      Delete
  4. That is my kind of Friday night!! Sushi and Target!! I'm the same way and don't like to go out super late on Friday's - my time to unwind!! I love that you do a favorite moment - that's a really great idea!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting your linkup, Biana! :) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Men are crazy when it comes to injuries! I can't believe he sewed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it either! I seriously thought he was joking when he asked where my kit was! Super glue I totally get, but sewing?!

      Delete
  6. OMG, I can't believe he did that himself. That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impressive and slightly nauseating, all in one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. OUCH!

    You know what, life sometimes is way better without the stress of taking pictures ya know!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right! I remember thinking, "Oh I should snap a picture of the pool" ya know, to "prove" I was at the pool, but then again, I have like 11 other posts that include a picture of our pool, so it just wasn't important enough!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. LOL What Ethan did. Only boys. I wouldn't even try that! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Sometimes it's good to just enjoy and not document! And such a cute photo of you two at the top!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never.. as probably no other woman would! lol And thank you :)

      Delete
  9. Geeeeez that last picture of the stitched thumb is HORROR :oD

    Did you see my new linkup yet? It's online for the first time today and I would be happy to see your blog linked up as well! http://www.grapefruitprincess.com/search/label/Weekend%20recap Have a lovely day! xoxo Anni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anni! I just added my link! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. wow! he is brave. seriously, that looks like it hurts! hahaha. lovely picture of you guys!! such a complimenting couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's one of my favs. And I kinda had to add it because I didn't want his thumb to be my picture Bloglovin' uses haha!

      Delete
  11. Ughhhh diy stitches? That may not be a good idea LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not one of his best. I totally agree with you there! The "stitches" are out now, and the thumb has been thoroughly cleaned and bandaged up!

      Delete
  12. My old lady self would have stayed home too. I can't believe he stitched himself up. I think you need to invest in the liquid band aids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right! He originally started off looking for super glue, but when that wasn't available, clearly the next best thing is diy stitches. My husband..

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness I would've passed out if I were him! That must've hurt so bad! My dad cut his thumb badly one time and instead of getting stitches, he SUPER GLUED it! Crazy men lol!

    Thanks so much for linking up for MMG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost passed out just thinking about it! Crazy thing started out looking for super glue, but when that was available.. well.. you know the rest!

      Thanks for hosting your linkup! :) I'll be back next week!

      Delete
  14. That's so funny the way your family orders the pizza!! Hey, if it gets you guys what you want... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were up to me, I'd stick to just veggie! But a little pepperoni never hurt anybody ;)

      Delete
  15. Oh how I love the way boys think, or not think sometimes! Ha! My husband took out a needle and thread this weekend, but to stitch on some patches on his shirt! (Which was still amazing to me because I don't even sew.) And from one fellow sushi lover to another, I shall never judge you for loving mall sushi. Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carylee! And congrats on another successful linkup! I know I'll be back!

      Delete