Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Words for Wednesday


I saved this quote from either Facebook or Pinterest.  I'm not sure who it originated from or who to even quote, but I do know it made a lasting impression on me. I've thought about it several times since stumbling upon it more than a week ago. It's one of those quotes that is rather simple, but the message is way deeper than it seems.

I want to believe I'm doing more than just paying bills until I die. I want to look back on my life when I'm 90 years old and smile. I don't want to regret one moment.

I want to:  take chances. make memories. get out of my comfort zone. laugh until I cry. be a friend. really and truly live. 

From this moment on, I resolve to live more, no more ruts.  So here's to soaking in the all of life's moments, little and big. These are the things I want.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome quote. Makes us stop and reevaluate how we're living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kept seeing it every time I looked at the pictures on my phone. Finally time to share!

      Delete
  2. What a great quote. And it comes at a perfect time for me too! Summer's are crazy, much of which I do to myself but honestly I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm learning to appreciate the value in an adventure, rather than something trivial like keeping my house spotless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a powerful quote! Love it - work/life balance is so important to me and I'm lucky that I have that at this moment in life. I also have to remember when times are rough at work, that my job is the reason I am able to do the things I like - I always have to have fun money to offset the responsible money! :)
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about it that way! I guess you could look at it and say make sure you're taking time to have fun with your money. I saw it more as just going through the motions of life until you're dead. Thanks for the other outlook on it!

      Delete
  5. That quote holds such a great message. Intentional living is the best. It's so easy to fall into ruts and not realize how quickly time is passing us by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I blink my eyes and it's already the end of the year. I can't even imagine how it'll be when we have a baby and watching them grow up in a blink of an eye.

      Delete