Friday, August 1, 2014

Because It's Friday

Let me join in with the rest of blogland and say.. Holy Cow! It's August!? When and where did this happen? I mean, didn't summer just start? Ok, don't get me wrong, summer will be here to stay in Florida till like January, then we'll get a couple of cold weeks where I hate life and then it's back to warmer weather. I'll survive.

But for real, we're in August and I can't help but smile. I'm normally not one to rush summer out, but I've got SO many exciting things planned for the fall.. concerts, cruises, mud runs, major life changes. It's hard not to wish the days away. So, for right now I'm going to take a breather and look back at all the great things that happened this week.

{1} We celebrated my Dad's 48th birthday! It was just a small family get together to celebrate our favorite birthday boy.  We even talked plans for his Big 5-0 that's coming up. I suggested a week in a cabin somewhere in Tennessee. I'd suggest a cruise or something, but there's a really good chance we'll have a couple one-year olds running around and cruise ship and beaches doesn't sound "kid friendly."

{2} We had hibachi at Tokyo's with Dakota, Lex, and Zac. So yummy!



 
 
{3} Ya'll I found diet ice cream and it's legit good. It's called Artic Zone and you can check them out 
 here. It's seriously 150 calories per pint! I ate my pint in two days and I'm not even sorry. It's also not loaded with a bunch of fake stuff and tastes pretty decent. I got the chocolate peanut butter flavor and it was pretty heavenly with some chocolate syrup drizzled over it.

 
{4} My blog is getting a facelift! I'm so happy to say I'm working with Ash over at The Grits Blog to make me something pretty! She just showed me a sneak peek of another blog she's currently working on and I'm in love with her designs. I seriously can not wait to see what she has in store for me! You can check out her Blog Design website here.
 
{5} Ethan and I had a little mini-date last night. We walked over to the Margaritaville Hotel and had dinner overlooking the water at their restaurant Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Cafe. Ethan got a fish sandwich and I got a crab cake blt. So delicious! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful evening to enjoy dinner by the water!
 

{When the weather cools down, I'm so going back for some of that Voodoo Pasta. Sounds delish.}

{The view from our table}

 
Today's one of my normal Friday's off, just too bad the weather isn't as gorgeous as it's been here the last couple of days. Seriously, at work = gorgeous and sunny.  Off work = gross and overcast. Eh, at least I'm getting some laundry done. Done, but not folded. It's how I roll. I better get a head start on getting ready though.  Me and E are going to Destin for the evening for a little afternoon getaway.

Hope everyone had a wonderful week and has an even more wonderful weekend! I'll see you again on Monday for my weekend shenanigan. Linking up with Ash at The Grits Blog, Lauren for High 5 for Friday, Paula for her seriously awesome blog party, Rebecca for That Friday Blog Hop, Amanda's Friday Favorites, Jennie for her Friday favorites, and Oh Hey It's Friday with Karli.

22 comments:

  1. I would die to have Florida weather in the winter! Last year in Illinois we had record snowfall, something like 98" abd record cold! It was awful. Did you love the Hibatchi? It's one of my favorite things to do, so much fun and so much sake!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elena! It was a "crazy" winter for us too! I mean, we even had an ice/snow storm! I couldn't even handle that kind of winter all the time! I forget how much I love hibachi until I get it! So glad I didn't go with sushi like I originally planned! Have a lovely weekend too! :)

      Delete
  2. I am a fall gal so I'm ready for cooler temps! A crabcake BLT sounds ah-mazing! Great pics! Have a fab weekend girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, so good! The "t" in blt was a fried green tomato, so it was even more perfect! How can you go wrong with bacon too?! Have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. MUST.FIND.THAT.ICE.CREAM....ASAP! haha! Thanks for sharing...I'm definitely gonna be on the hunt for it now! Happy Belated Birthday to your dad! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the hunt for the Cookies and Cream flavor! I found mine at a local organic store, but I have seen it at Walmart and Publix. If you try another flavor, lemme know how it is!

      Delete
  4. I've seen that ice cream at the store, but haven't ever tried it! The chocolate PB and sea salt caramel sounds REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have never tried it, but my friend who's a fitness model shared it and now I'm hooked! Such a guilt free way for me to enjoy my favorite hot weather treat!

      Delete
  5. 150 cals for the whole pint?! wow, i need this in my life. i can't wait to see your new design!

    as the wine cork turns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole pint, Lady! It's like 36 calories for a 1/2 cup. I've seen it at both Walmart and Publix! I'm so excited for my new design. I finally feel like I've kept up with blogging long enough to justify it!

      Delete
  6. What a perfect date night!! Getting a new blog design is so much fun - can't wait to see the new look! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Biana! I'm so excited! :) I think it'll be out some time this upcoming week!

      Delete
  7. Sweet view of the beach at dinner! Oh and I love hibachi food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was too nice of a night not to eat outside!

      Delete
  8. What did I learn from your blog post? I learned that its August. Really? I also learned I need that ice cream. Finally, I learned I should live in Florida. Happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, and yes! :) Glad I could provide some knowledge! Haha! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful week you had
    Hibachi's is m favorite place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget how yummy hibachi is! I swear it's been like over a year since I've had it!

      Delete
  10. Damn I'm going to have to find that ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart or Publix! I did see on their website that you can order from them, but that's kind of pricey! Lemme know what flavor you choose!

      Delete
  11. 150 calories per pint! Stop it. I need to get some of that asap. Especially considering I hammered down a pint that was prob 1000 calories in two days.... oops.
    Excited to see your facelift.
    Thanks or linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm dying to try the cookies & cream flavor! I'm so excited for the facelift! It should be live some time next week! Thanks for hosting your linkup! I know I'll be back!

      Delete